What releases are you looking forward to

Bill Callahan, should be out 09/2020.

2 Likes

Richard & Linda Thompson- Hard Luck Stories. Comprehensive 8 cd box set. Available 11 September.

1 Like

Their first new studio recordings in over 20 years – out on my birthday (9th October), handily enough!

7 Likes

Wow, I thought that after Sun Ra returned to Saturn we’d not hear any more from the Arkestra.

1 Like

Out 25th September on Mack Avenue - on vinyl too!

2 Likes

Great Concert, and a bargain as this DVD set looks like it will actually cost less than Two Tenners!
:laughing:

3 Likes

Surely they will not be passing up the opportunity of the 50th anniversary of George Harrison’s All Things Must Pass in November.

I have not heard any rumours so far, just wondered if anyone else had?

1 Like

:rofl:

1 Like

Luckily not so, apparently… I’m also looking forward to more Starship Arkestra (even if without the Captain and Second Lieutenant Tyson) , so thanks for the heads up, @TheKevster!

2 Likes

This is a golden period of Fleetwood Mac 1969 - 1974 - a string of 8 much underrated albums (remastered and bonus tracks) - out on the 4th September and at a very reasonable price - circa £38 for the CD box and £90 for the vinyl box.

12 Likes

Button pushed on the silver discs, thanks Andy.

2 Likes

Pixies. Bossanova. 7/8/20 Vinyl.

4 Likes

Pre-ordered the CD.
Cheers, @TheKevster!

PS - I assume the August festival date for Ese is off ?

@steviebee - all the Ese festival dates have been put back to next year, sadly.

But they are appearing at the Crystal Palace Festival on 16th August; it’s a closed event but it will be streamed in broadcast quality on the day. They are due on at 6:30pm.

3 Likes

Thanks Kev!

Audio stream on what channel (I’m not really ofay with streaming) - Bandcamp?

Dunno yet, will let you know!

3 Likes

Ta!

Loma - Don’t Shy Away

Due for release in October. They are combination of Dan and Emily from Cross Record and Jonathan Meiburg fro Shearwater but sounds like neither. I hear echoes of late Talk Talk in the guitar and drums, and I love the sonorous brass towards the end of the lead single:

The last track on the album is a collaboration with Eno, who loved their first album (and rightly so).

Bandcamp Link

3 Likes

Anna von Hausswolff’s 5th full lenght album, ALL THOUGHTS FLY, a solo instrumental pipe organ album incoming on @southernlordrecords on 25th September.
To celebrate the release we’re releasing the first single “Sacro Bosco” with an accompanying video by Gustaf and Ludvig Holtenäs.

It will be released on LP and digital formats on 25th September. Digital pre-orders are now available via Bandcamp link

3 Likes

So no physical release for this then?