What releases are you looking forward to

I bought both albums when originally released, but haven’t played either for over 20 years! Your post prompted a listen, and I’m afraid they haven’t really stood the test of time, for me at any rate. A pale imitation of Sandy Denny’s Fairport and Fotheringay. Why they should be subject of a 50th anniversary re-release, other than a blatant attempt to cash in on a wave of affluent silver surfer nostalgia, escapes me.

Ordered my copy first thing this morning, sounds really good so far.

2 Likes

@TheKevster Just pre-ordered the CD, looking forward to listening to the digital download later.

2 Likes

Think I did too but Ese didn’t! She never makes as much fuss about the music as she does photos!

2 Likes

7.59. Done. Can’t wait to hear more Ese & The People :heart_eyes_cat:

2 Likes

Thought you would be in Sicily counting the dosh as it floods in😉 Or did you have to cancel due to the quarantine restrictions?

No, we went to Sicily and had a whale of a time @Gazza - got back last Thursday. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Done dat! :+1:

4 Likes

The new one from Melody Gardot in October

5 Likes

I’m interested in this on cd. A friend of mine played on the sessions at Abbey Road earlier in the year.

Gwenifer Raymond - Strange Lights Over Garth Mountain

Due in November from this Welsh astrophysicist, who plays up a storm in a John Fahey style. This is the lead “single”.

4 Likes

Fay Hield - Wrackline
YouTube launch gig Friday 11th

Just announced on amazon with 30/10 release date.

Jimi Hendrix

The Jimi Hendrix Experience: ‘Music, Money Madness … Jimi Hendrix live in Maui’

Track Listing:

DISC: 1

1. Chuck Wein Introduction
  2. Hey Baby (New Rising Sun)
  3. In From The Storm
  4. Foxey Lady
  5. Hear My Train A-Comin’
  6. Voodoo Child (Slight Return)
  7. Fire

DISC: 2

1. Purple Haze
  2. Spanish Castle Magic
  3. Lover Man
  4. Message To Love
  5. Dolly Dagger
  6. Villanova Junction
  7. Ezy Ryder

DISC: 3

1. Red House
  2. Freedom
  3. Jam Back at the House
  4. Straight Ahead
  5. Hey Baby (New Rising Sun)/Midnight Lightning
  6. Stone Free

New documentary “Music, Money, Madness” and live album “Jimi Hendrix live In Maui”.

Released 20/11/2020

Edward

5 Likes

Has anyone received this today? I got this from the River.
“ We’re writing to let you know that the following items have been unexpectedly delayed:

Richard And Linda Thompson “Hard Luck Stories (1972 - 1982)”
Estimated arrival date: [September 30 2020 - November 03 2020]”

1 Like

Tangerine Dream - Pilots of Purple Twilight - remasters of 1980 - 83 in a box set similar to the In Search of Hades box from last year that covered the mid to late 70s. No remixes just remasters but looks good all the same. I have ordered!

4 Likes

Yes I’ve got the same msg. Really annoying as I placed my order as soon as soon as this release was announced via Amazon Prime. This has happened to me before. Last time they seemed to fulfil a large number of u.s. orders before they supplied some of their customers in the u.k.

I got the dreaded email and not entirely unexpected as a lot of the Hoffmen also received the same email over the past week and are spitting bullets as only they can.

Luckily I have First Light and Sunnyvista on CD.

Same here. Been pre ordered since you first recommended. Bit disappointed. They did it with the Alabama 3 box set and I cancelled and bought direct from A3 site. Arrived within few days. Trouble is this time I’ve pre ordered at a very good price. Rough trade are advertising it at £80 but of course that might not be guaranteed delivery.

I am reluctant to order from another supplier as I got the low price as well.

1 Like