What releases are you looking forward to

@Blackstar - the rumour is that the next BLA is going to be the Phoenix Festival '97…

2 Likes

Yes, full concert, 3 Lp’s:

Nervous now, keep refreshing that page!

1 Like

It’s up now Kev

1 Like

Yes I saw, keeps crashing

got LP+CD bundle ordered. I’m going to buy the LP alone from the UK Bowie site as belt & Braces.
I must be mad!

1 Like

Phew! Got my vinyl. Looking forward to this one Ian…

1 Like

well done, it’s all a bit frantic isn’t it!
Must admit this looks the best so far

1 Like

When I checked my log-in with Dig yesterday it still had the cream 7" ‘Mother’ in my cart. I refreshed it and was still there. For the cost I thought why not and processed the order. No notification that it was OOS at all. The emailed confirmation and my order list now stated ‘processing’ and today states ‘packing’ !!??
I may be one very lucky person, though I doubt it!

1 Like

Ordered the 4th Bowie bundle,even though I’m still awaiting delivery of the 3rd release,lots to look forward to !

1 Like

Lucky sod! I missed out on that one completely! I guess I will have to resort to Discogs or eBay once things calm down and the scalpers and gougers get bored.

I agree with you Ian, this looks to be the bst BLA so far.

Ohh I’m not holding out on getting it!

… Pre-ordered today

Charles Lloyd & the Marvels - Tone Poem

Tone Poem is the third full-length album by Charles Lloyd & The Marvels , the genre-straddling quintet that features the master saxophonist with Bill Frisell on guitar, Greg Leisz on pedal steel guitar,Reuben Rogers on bass, and Eric Harland on drums. Following the band’s 2016 debut I Love To See You and their 2018 collaboration with Lucinda Williams Vanished Gardens, the nine dynamic instrumental tracks here include new Lloyd originals along with pieces by Ornette Coleman , Thelonious Monk , Leonard Cohen , Gabor Szabo , and Bola de Nieve . The vinyl edition of Tone Poem was supervised by Joe Harley and will be the first-ever new release to be presented as part of Blue Note’s acclaimed Tone Poet Vinyl Series.

Tracklist:

1. Peace
  2. Ramblin
  3. Anthem
  4. Dismal Swamp
  5. Tone Poem
  6. Monk’s Mood
  7. Ay Amor (Live)
  8. Lady Gabor
  9. Prayer
8 Likes

Due out next month, looking forward to it.

10 Likes

So am I. I was at this festival,brilliant weekend,Neil Young headlined the following night,great memories.

2 Likes

Just checked my foggy memories,think it was 1996 when I was there,so this will be new to me !

Neil Young was certainly 1996 at the Phoenix Festival. There is a fabulous recording of this, ? BBC broadcast, which is one of my favourite Neil and Crazy Horse listens. At an hour and a half though I suspect that some is sadly missing though. Must have been great to have been there.

1 Like

It was,but your right,I think the “ Stage Professors “ took at least 45 mins to arrange,rearrange,plants,figurines etc,candles and assorted Knick-knacks,but it was a storming set. By the way,preceding Neil was Alanis Morrissette,who was amazing.

I saw Paul Weller at the Phoenix in 1995 there is a very good quality live recording of that concert by the BBC it’s included on the at The BBC box set and was on Radio 6 a few years back.

I’m not sure if Bowie was recorded by the BBC that year too was it a regular thing?

Paul,

That is such a kind gesture. But I sent an email to Universal explaining that I had sent back my set but if they would like to send me a set of discs for my troubles I would be most grateful - and they did!

Thanks again and hopefully you will find a home for the second set.
Andy