What releases are you looking forward to

Atb
Kk

6 Likes

New Billy Gibbons album “Hardware” released June 4th.

2 Likes

Yes, got that on pre-order myself. I know you can find most of it if not all on t’net but hopefully it’s a nice package,

Received an another email from the Bowie site overnight with the heading “handpicked just for you”. Followed the link to find 2 of the Bowie live CDs as the first 2 items, obviously I want them and guess what neither were in stock. This is a joke how these live albums are being marketed. Sent another email (they still haven’t replied to the first) giving them a serve and requesting to be taken off their mailing list. Think they’re treating fans with contempt.

1 Like

Daniel Lanois - Heavy Sun. Already released in certain countries on 19th March, released in the UK 2nd April.

heavysun_digi2

2 Likes

Hi @Gazza do you know where I can pre order this one? Thanks in advance. Steve.

Sorry no idea yet…would like to as well, will post when i know
Crash records…£24.99 vinyl, cd is £12.99

TBH, I can’t really see the point of this release. It’s way too much (musically and financially) for any casual jazz listener, and any devoted jazz listener is likely to own most of the material anyway.

1 Like

A bit of both I think. I do know that many audiophile and other collection releases (eg Mosaic) are limited in numbers by licensing. However I also think some limit the numbers to drive the price up.

1 Like

I’ve got all the tracks (apart from the Earl Hines) but, if I still bought cds, I’d get it in a heartbeat. Just a nice thing to have.

Amazon are taking preorders now. £9.99 for CD, £22.91 for vinyl.

Finally got a response re the lack of stock and inability to get a copy of some of Bowie’s Brilliant Live Adventures series.

Dear David Bowie Fan,

We are aware that a number of fans have had a poor shopping experience during the ‘Brilliant Live Adventures’ campaign, and for that we are very sorry.

We also recognize that, unfortunately due to the unexpected demand, many people have been unable to purchase certain titles and subsequently missed out on the opportunity to complete their collection.

In the coming weeks we will provide you with further details on how and when we will be making these titles available to you again.

Once again we apologize and thank you for your patience and continued support.

Sincerely,

David Bowie Web Store Team

Out at the end of June from Bandcamp.

2 Likes

Still Crazy After All These Years- Paul Simon ( sacd) - Mobile Fidelity.

3 Likes

Ryley Walker “Course In Fable” CD
/download out now, vinyl end of month.

Apparently they’ve taken care in the mastering/pressing of the vinyl, check out Tompkins Square website.

Morgan James - Memphis Magnetic

Soul and a lot more.

Released in late 2020 and is available as MP3 downloads on the river in the UK but no CD/vinyl versions yet, aside from MJ’s 'site in US? If anyone knows a UK source, please shout!

3 Likes

You can get double vinyl from Amazon.com for about thirty five quid all in.

Or stream on Tidal…

1 Like

Good prompt - thank you.

I looked ~3 days ago on the US 'site (well, I thought it was) and couldn’t locate the vinyl listing, just the MP3s.

Cheaper than going thru her own 'site which came up with $53, pre import costs (I think).

Flagged to @johnt and @igahman in case of interest.

I’ve ordered via Amazon US.

1 Like

So, just been told by Andy Batt:

# Record Store Day 2021 exclusive: ‘The Windows of the World’ LP

Windows-1

Bobbie’s lost Jazz album gets its first stand-alone release on vinyl for Record Store Day 2021. At some point in the autumn of 1968 Bobbie decided to re-cast herself as a sort of Mississippi Julie London and in a series of sessions beginning at the end of the year and running through to March 1969, she cut a laid-back album of classic and contemporary jazz tunes that was sadly abandoned before it had a chance to see the light of day. These surviving recordings were first issued on The Girl From Chickasaw County boxset, and are collected together exclusively for this RSD release. The Windows of the World also features a previously unreleased version of ‘Hushabye Mountain’.

11 Likes

Here’s the tracklist:

4 Likes