What releases are you looking forward to

Yes it’s a strong list of efforts for RSD this year imo. Gonna have to save my pennies🙂

1 Like

Joni Mitchell- The Reprise Albums 1968/1971. Re-mastered and in the case of Songs to a Seagull remixed. Available on cd and a very expensive set on 22/6/21.

1 Like

In July from the vault.
Prince - Welcome to America

2 Likes

out in US May 21

3 Likes

Sorry I meant to say “vinyl set”.

Classic 1987 album to be re-released in June in an elaborate box set:

1 Like

Atb
Kk

2 Likes

The Bowie website now has an apology for the way the sale of the Brilliant Live albums have been marketed, it seems it wasn’t just me that they upset. Also there’s an announcement pending about how they’ll be reissued soon. I’d expect a boxed set of all 5 albums, I’d also expect they’ll be just as difficult to get hold of.

2 Likes

@Blackstar

Ian - did you see the new Bowie 10" LP and “Width of A Circle” 2-CD set? Available exclusively at the Bowie store…

10 Likes

Out in May, on triple vinyl or double CD:

4 Likes

Hi Kev, yes I think I’ll go for the 2 cd edition. I’ve no fancy for a 10” vinyl. Thanks for letting me know though.

1 Like

I need to listen to some Can, not a group I’ve investigated before. Any recommendations for dipping my toe in?

1 Like

The compilation “Cannibalism” is a good place to start.

In terms of albums, start with “Future Days” and “Tago Mago”, and follow up with “Monster Movie”, “Ege Bamyasi”, “Soundtracks” and then “Soon Over Babaluma”.

3 Likes

:+1:

1 Like

Preordered :hugs:

1 Like

The first career-spanning Bill Evans anthology, this is out next month from Craft. Lots of unreleased stuff on it:

5 Likes

Also from Craft, is this previously unreleased 1975 Bill Evans concert recording (it’s also contained on the box set above), on vinyl and CD:

2 Likes

Hasaan Ibn Ali — Metaphysics: The Lost Atlantic Album – Omnivore Recordings Apr 23, 2021.

3 Likes

Here’s an extract from that new Can live album…

5 Likes

Sax maestro Evan Parker and his brilliant improv band - All Knavery and Collusion. Recorded after their regular night at ace jazz club the Vortex (basically someone’s flat) in upmarket Dalston. Definite National Treasure status in a parallel universe.

2 Likes