What releases are you looking forward to

I know Surfs Up is a bit of a mish-mash, but like you I love it. Though I’ll temper that with the fact it makes me feel somewhat sad…it represented the end of an era for me.

Sunflowers is also up there with the best.

4 Likes

Andy Batt has just rather cryptically posted on his Instagram that after The Windows Of The World comes out next month there will be ANOTHER Bobbie Gentry release before the end of the year…

What could it be? Something for Patchwork’s 50th anniversary? The long-rumoured, presumed lost live album (recorded at the London Palladium)? Maybe even the holy grail, ie good quality footage of the legendary 1970s Vegas shows?

3 Likes

I’m looking forward to the Sunflower/Surf’s Up sessions release as well!

2 Likes

Matthew E White new album- K Bay.
Due out 10/9/21.
Very pretty green vinyl too- if you like that sort of thing, which I do

1 Like

For those who are interested (@Richard.Dane et al) here is what Chad Kassem has to say about the 45rpm UHQR of KoB. It’s going to be quite a wait – he’s still got another 19,000 33rpms on that Finebilt hand press to do!

Pleased I read this Kev, didn’t know about the release for RSD2!

1 Like

Lee Morgan fans will be interested in this story wot I wrote about an upcoming release by the late great trumpeter:

4 Likes

George Harrison’s All Things Must Pass has just been announced, with a wide range of options. August 6th.

5 Likes

just ordered - can’t wait

1 Like

Including an £860 “uber deluxe” version… :thinking:

Anyway, nothing concrete as yet, but Will and Alison have been in the studio this past fortnight, so some new Goldfrapp m usic should emerge in the next year or so… :smiley:

4 Likes

Shurely that’s the one you’re plumping for…?!

1 Like

About time too. When I saw him live at Ramsgate back in 2017 he handed out a tracklist and asked us to note down in order our favourites - for his new album he said.

1 Like

I looked at it about a week ago but very expensive Kev, nice write up though.

1 Like

I rather wish they could do a double or triple LP version for those of us who can’t commit the time or money to such a comprehensive set.

1 Like

Yes and it really is comprehensive 24 sides covering just a couple of nights anyway perhaps the CD could be a possibility for some though as I don’t own a CDP anymore not for me. I wonder if it will appear on the streaming platforms?

1 Like

I can ask Zev at Blue Note @Bobthebuilder but I’m sure it will ne

1 Like

Wow! I’d need poor old George to resurrect himself for that money.

1 Like

Out on Saturday as part of Drop 1 of RSD 2021. A double live LP on coloured vinyl, apparently remixed. It was first released in 1977 in Japan and Australia only – it’s never been released on vinyl in Blighty, only CD (and then not until 2014).

1 Like

Remastered by Bernie Grundman. Whatever that means…

8 Likes