What releases are you looking forward to

4 Likes

Hi seakayaker, the Yeats album is now available from the Yeats in Song website as a CD in a simple case with no booklet, they’ll also be offering a version with a booklet I believe. I’ve ordered the simple version, the order link is an email to Raymond Driver, he’ll reply with PayPal details.

Alan Parsons…the never ending show, live the Netherlands out November 5 th.

Looking forward to these:

1 Like

The Bridge by Sting, out November 19th. Been a while since i really liked a new release of his🤞🏽

Last really good one was Ten Summoners Tales IMV.

3 Likes

Chick Corea Akoustic Band Live

Released 5th November.

51psFTzsiQL.SY580

5 Likes

Great to know, Geoff :+1:
Taking into consideration how much good music there will be on that record I think they could have done more efforts to design a much better cover… IMHO… :grimacing:

1 Like

Pink Floyd - Momentary Lapse of Reason available for pre-order at the Sound of Vinyl, sounds interesting…

Remixed and updated from the original 1987 master tapes for ‘The Later Years’ by Andy Jackson with David Gilmour, assisted by Damon Iddins.

The release of ‘The Later Years’ project in 2019 gave an opportunity for a fresh overview of the ‘A Momentary Lapse Of Reason’ album, originally released in 1987. By returning to some of Richard Wright’s original keyboard takes, and by re-recording new drum tracks with Nick Mason, producers David Gilmour and Bob Ezrin have restored a better creative balance between the three Pink Floyd members.

The album also showcases new and updated artwork with a previously unused image from the original photo shoot featuring the iconic beds on the beach.

Remixed in 2019 from the original master tapes. Half-speed master cut at 45rpm for enhanced audio quality. Heavyweight 180 gram pressing. Gatefold sleeve with 28-page booklet.

1 Like

You can’t polish a turd, and AMLOR is a complete stinker. The original 1987 mix is dreadful, but there is the important matter of the songs as well. This is the group that made “Echoes”, “Us & Them”, “Shine On You Crazy Diamond”, “Dogs”, “Comfy Numb” etc, reduced to putting out dreck like “Dogs of War”, “New Machine”, “On The Turning Away”, “Learning To Fly” etc. Awful - makes me ashamed to be a PF fan.

Gilmour has got some brass neck, I’ll give him that, putting out this schiit as a Pink Floyd album in the first place but he really has got a complete nerve re-releasing it for what, the second or third time.

4 Likes

The album also showcases new and updated artwork with a previously unused image from the original photo shoot featuring the iconic beds on the beach.

Whoppee Doooo. Brass neck indeed.

1 Like

Gotta wonder how long they’re going to keep mining the catalog

1 Like

It’d be good if they mined something decent, rather than endless garbage from the post-Waters “Pink Fraud” era.

1 Like

Let’s not forget that’s just your opinion, not fact. I quite like AMLOR and hate, for example, Ummagumma, but I wouldn’t slag it off just because I don’t like it, I’d just say it’s not for me.

It stands as a memory of how they sounded in the late 80s - as with other albums they hadn’t made one like this before so were still “progressing” (as in prog rock).

2 Likes

6 Likes

Don’t forget me - mine as well.

1 Like

1st 2 tracks available on streaming services.

2 Likes

Ok, that’s 2 . Now if it was ELP or ABBA, I may be more forthcoming with comments :joy:

1 Like

Not a fan then :rofl:
OK it is nowhere near as good as the Waters era PF but I don’t mind it at all, there’s some good stuff on it, IMHO at any rate.

Latter of these looks especially promising.

1 Like