What releases are you looking forward to

I thought it hilarious, how many times he kept puzzling why there was no vinyl.

Havent seen that, I notice he mentioned it, will have to check it out

Now Mikey’s got the vinyl…

5 Likes

I was thinking it was on the Best Jokes thread!

1 Like

Yes, I watched this earlier - he’s now a happy boy! :grinning:

1 Like

Arctic Monkeys | The Car | 20th October

5 Likes

1666264632_1666254120_a114mimjapl__ac_sl1500_
Jean Michel Jarre | Oxymore | 20th October
I haven’t bought any JMJ since his second album due to boredom but I might give this a go out of interest to see if anything has changed

Fantastic. We preordered the album to get access codes for the tour presales and……the CD turned up on Wednesday !!

Like the last one, it’s not immediate but is very much growing on me now.

1 Like

Only a week to go until the ‘Revolver’ box set and, if this is anything to go by, it’ll be worth the wait. Fascinating…

3 Likes

There’s a good piece on the BBC website…

4 Likes

PJ Harvey | B-Sides, Demos & Rarities
59-track collection of single B-sides, demos and rarities from the PJ Harvey catalogue, spanning three decades. Most of the songs are currently unavailable physically or digitally, 14 are previously unreleased. Mastering by Jason Mitchell at Loud Mastering, under the guidance of long time PJ Harvey producer John Parish. Artwork is overseen by Maria Mochnacz with Rob Crane, and will feature previously unreleased/unseen archive photography.

• Hardback book style package

• 3 CDs housed in wallets stitched into spine

• 24 page booklet

• Artwork includes previously unreleased photos and detailed track by track label cop

5 Likes

Got it on your advice, excellent music. Thanks very much

1 Like

This is being reissued by Craft Recordings on double vinyl in December…

3 Likes

Everything But The Girl. No details or cover design as yet, as Tracey & Ben only announced it recently on their Twitter feed, but hoping for an early 2023 release - excellent! …

"Just thought you’d like to know that we have made a new Everything But The Girl album. It’ll be out next spring. Love, Ben and Tracey 😍"

3 Likes

Absolute Classic Wailing Souls album come again on vinyl, looks promising…

Might be of interest
RSD Black Friday

RELEASE DATE: 25 NOV 2022
FORMAT
2xLP

LABEL
VP Records

MORE INFO
A touchstone LP from the beginning of reggae’s 'post-Bob Marley era,’ Wailing Souls’ Fire House Rock was released by Greensleeves in 1981 to enduring acclaim. The title track became Wailing Souls’ most popular, anthemic song. Features production by Henry Junjo Lawes, backing by the Roots Radics with mixes by Scientist. For the Record Store Day 2022 edition, the original mixes were transferred from reel-to-reel to a pristine 24- bit/96k digital master. These are paired in a deluxe gatefold sleeve with a bonus 12-inch single disc of alternate, extended mixes originally released through VP’s Jah Guidance imprint. Sticker application; 180g Heavyweight Vinyl Pressing Gatefold sleeve with full-colour Inner Bags featuring rare photos and extensive notes.

1 Like

It may interest some of you guys.

This double vinyl LP 45rpm 200g AAA vinyl (all-analog recording, mixing & mastering) was mastered by René Laflamme at 2xHD on Nagra equipment, cut by Chris Bellman at Bernie Grundman Mastering, plated by Master Craft and pressed at Le Vinylist in Quebec.

1 Like

Coincidentally , I just saw on one of my lists a new re issue of Jazz At The Pawnshop
(Yawnshop some might say :joy:) mastered by René Laflamme at 2xHD on Nagra equipment.
A snip at £99

2 Likes

What is 2 HD ? Is it some kind of digital process?

Cool… but with such a perfect album cover photo, how could they leave off the aria La wally by Wilhelminia Wiggens Fernandez from the iconic Diva soundtrack?!?!? Classic film from my school days…

ps - I will be at a meeting at the Palais de Congrès near your home in a couple of weeks, FR, but won’t be staying in Versailles this time. Lovely town.

2 Likes

Looks very interesting FR quite pricey though.

I have no memory of that movie, but know I had watched it at that time. I remember more “ 37,2 C le matin”, by J J Beneix too. Beatrice Dalle has changed a lot. She plays now in horror movies.

1 Like