What releases are you looking forward to

I’m listening to it currently, but can’t play it loud as I don’t wish to wake the neighbour’s cat. I’m sure I can hear some tape hiss, esp on the track Sally Mae, but there’s quite a lot of distortion and amp noise too. Anyway, it still sounds fine, so why worry if it was an analogue or digital master?

Exactly, happy to take a punt either way and could do with some more Hooker albums. Thanks guy’s

1 Like

Just a little miffed that all the tracks on cd5 of this set were released on the bootleg series 8, Tell Tale Signs. Why do they keep ripping us off like this?
Looked through the track listing and can’t fathom how the stretch this to a 10 LP set (unless there’s a lot of extra tracks that haven’t been mentioned).
I await with much interest though!

Coz we let them?

2 Likes

I wanted to see if anyone had any insight, that was all. I’ve only been back into buying vinyl the last few years, trying to get to a place on if I should buy a digital download, CD or vinyl copy.

Caved in, it’s Bob & a fantastic period for him. Ordered the 10LP set! Comparing against other box sets of late it’s pretty reasonable :joy:

1 Like

Nope! Can’t do it; WON’T do it!
I will not be milked by the Music Industry anymore!!!
…How much was it? :thinking:

1 Like

Compared to Revolver 4LP & a 7” for £170, 10LP’s for £200 isn’t ’that’ bad :joy:.
And I believe it’ll genuinely be ltd so if you want it I wouldn’t hang around!

1 Like

Brucie is currently prepping a 5 album box set of unreleased albums of post 1988 material. In one of the albums he uses drum loops.
May iteresting to hear if nothing else.
Personally not my fav Brucie period.

1 Like

Presumably Sony got them when they bought his back catalog……now time to get some money back?

1 Like

Ooh! Could be interesting, but that five LP box set is not going to be cheap.

Leftfield | This Is What We Do | Releases 2nd December

4 Likes

It’s on its way according to the email I received from Piccadilly Records on the 1st… can’t wait!

1 Like

For all the Gil Scott-Heron fans, “Small Talk At 125th And Lenox” looks like being reissued in 2023, Jan 27th. Apologies if already posted

4 Likes

Live at the Village Vanguard, scheduled for January 2023

2 Likes

Sony bought out CBS Records many years ago, so presumably have had any unreleased Springsteen recordings for a very long time now. I can’t see what’s changed now all of a sudden.

It wasn’t part of the CBS buyout. Springsteen sold his rights to his back catalogue to Sony last year, for a reputed half billion dollars. Quite a few artists/estates have done similar sales in the last couple of years.

1 Like

I suppose the theory is that you might as well get your hands on the money now, rather than leave it to your heirs as part of your estate (I don’t actually know if Bruce Springsteen has children). But you’d think that he’s rolling in dosh anyway - unless he ‘invested’ it with dodgy financial advisers who’ve lost it all, or had it all stolen, for him.

That seems to be par for the course in rock n’ roll - I know, as I spent a small part of my working life recovering money for a client (who had been a member of Traffic) from a so-called financial adviser who had nicked a large part of it.