What releases are you looking forward to

I’ve been listening to Shakti since the late 70’s and I was just about to post the same. Got tickets to see them live in August in NY and I’ve pre-ordered the album w/download. Very excited!

Since you’ve already posted a pic of the new album cover, I’ll just put up a shot of my precious ‘silk box’.

2 Likes

The Bleach Lab debut album out 22 September. Promising!

New Lucinda Williams lp out 30th June - £16.99 pre-order, somewhere or other

1 Like

The mighty Hawkwind have their new album out towards the end of the month. The pre-release single “Rama” is very decent, some great Space Rock.
I can’t believe Dave Brock is still up to releasing new albums every couple of years given his advancing years but as long as he keeps coming up with the goods, I will probably keep buying them. Now that I have given up the CD player it will be FLAC or vinyl, bit of a price difference but Cherry Red have actually done a pretty good job on the more recent Hawkwind vinyl that I have.

4 Likes

Ahmad Jamal Trio - The Awakening, VBR (2023)

Verve by Request and Third Man Records reissue of this classic really happy to be getting this next week.

3 Likes

Bob Dylan: Shadow Kingdom. Presumably the soundtrack of the performance. Out in June.

2 Likes

Paul Simon

Seven Psalms

Released May 19, 2023

Edward

5 Likes

1 Like

What a great series - the movie should be out by now?

Edit - Just got an email from Netflix, it’s out!

1 Like

You are correct… Not got a msg myself, but I found it in my Netflix…!!

2 Likes

Is this the one that I heard about on R4 this morning - about the Anglo Saxons (long been a fan of AS poetry, and by extension, history).

If it is, I’ll look it up! Hope it’s not been ‘Hollywood-ised’ too much though…

1 Like

The Last Kingdom was an excellent series from a few years ago originally shown on the BBC, well worth watching.

2 Likes

Hiya Stevie,

It is based on Bernard Cornwell’s “The Saxon Stories” series of novels about the Danish invasion of England and the efforts of Alfred the Great to unite England against them and centered around a Saxon, Uhtred, raised as a Dane.

It is very good and quite gritty and well acted and set. All 5 seasons are excellent.

Peter

2 Likes

28th April. Well worth a listen. Helicon - God Intentions.

1 Like

Camel- Air Born. 27 CD plus 5 Blu-Ray set covering the Decca & MCA years (1973-84). Released on 26/5. Would seem to satisfy the most avid Camel fan and seemed competitively priced on the German site I looked at.

What is that competetive price? @sacdfan

€134.99 plus €19.99 shipping fees on just for kicksmusic plus €19.99 shipment charges. Seems very reasonable for the number of cds and Blu-rays in the box. I haven’t used this company so I can’t say how reliable they are. Might be worth being careful. I can’t find this set being offered anywhere else and there is no mention of it on the Camel official website.

1 Like

Thanks for passing on that info @sacdfan

This is one of my treasures as an original release :relieved:

Watched last night. Hmm… IMO… not great (*). But…YMMV… :expressionless:

(* - The film is about 2 hours long, but seems to be in a rush all the time. Whats the point of minute after minute of battle scenes…? If you hadn’t seen the series so far, you would have no idea who the characters were and what they were about. I still have almost no idea who the ‘Viking Leader’ was - or what he was about.)

The series was very good - the film much less so.

1 Like