What’s coming at Munich?

Ok close now so time for some radical predictions!

My guess is the classic range is gone, at least below 300/552 level. Replaced with super integrated an/or streaming pre amps and focal powered speakers. It’s all about the box count :grin:

There most certainly won’t be a bigger integrated, at least this year. It’s an odds-on cert that there will be a 272 replacement. But what else? Toaster? Naim vibrator to use while listening to Dark Side of the Moon?

4 Likes

I suspect that whatever is announced will not be appearing in people’s living rooms this year

I predict lots of huffing and puffing on the forum….

4 Likes

28" jeans!! My god, that was a long long time ago. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Awesome - PMSL!

That would be the anti-klimax then

2 Likes

What is really missing is of course is an under statement to sit firmly in the budget category. Maybe this will replace all the classic and 500 series and finally join the light weights with a decent SMPS

The flaccid. It could a big seller. Or maybe not. The Linn Kokk would do well though.

The announcement said they would have a Statement system with the ND 555 network player. That wouldn’t make sense if there would also be a statement level streamer.

1 Like

But if they didn’t announce the ND555 presence it would give the game away.

However I don’t think it is going to be a statement level streamer.

1 Like

The question has to be whether the new streaming preamp comes in the Classic or Solstice style. I suspect the latter. Whichever way, there will be those who feel that Naim have sold out and gone to the dark side. But does it matter in the scheme of things? Of course not. Nobody will die.

2 Likes

Sound analysis Nigel. A refresh of the classic series is certainly due and there are enough clues from the Uniti and Solstice ranges. A streaming pre also seems likely but I am not so sure given their excellent streaming separates.

Maybe it will come in tin. Could make a nice change from ubiquitous black.

I reckon it’ll be active Focal speakers with built in Naim amps to connect to the Atom HE ‘Balanced’ stylee.

4 Likes

Indeed, or perhaps a Nova HE (pre) and Focal actives.

1 Like

Might not be anything to launch at the Munich show
Was just checking the shows web site and I don’t see a very big display area for Focal / Naim
Unless I missed something ( which is possible )

Power amp in new design to match new 272.

“I’d like to congratulate Naim with the introduction from the new design: well done Naim!”

I think that if send them compliments after the introduction, nobody might read it because of all the negative comments… :wink:

2 Likes

Not anything seems unlikely after

Although they’re not really separates as they include the DAC. It’s more like they’re integrated streamers. I’m still hoping for a separate streamer and a separate DAC. But I don’t expect that to be announced.

1 Like