What’s coming at Munich?

Understand where you are coming from n-lot. I do wonder though in a time where box count is increasingly an issue if a separate DAC makes sense for Naim.

1 Like

Strategically Naim have to move away from the multiple black box era or they’ll be left behind. The question is whether now is the time with all the supply chain issues, it’s more a question of when rather than if. Having said that I’m really not a fan of shiney black products a la solstice and I won’t be upgrading any time soon unless perhaps to a Nova Mk 2 if it actually sounds decent.

I think they have to co exist. There are two markets here. Decorative, faddish with a premium sound, and premium sound, I don’t care how many boxes as long as it sounds the best I can get. I have a requirement for both. Best sound I can afford in my main room. Premium one box in my study.

2 Likes

A4.1 will be a lot bigger, with plenty of room for the new Naim toaster, the vibrator and the long awaited cassette deck.

There will always be a lifestyle market but the high end kit needs to move with the times and target demographic

I think this depends on the customer type / £££ that the end-user has to spend.

I see several type of end-user:
1.Users who want a convenient one-box streaming / lifestyle solution
2.Users who are building up their boxes and happy to use the “Lego model” to get to end-game
3a.Users who own their end-game system with minimum boxes
3b.Users who own their end-game system with multi-box

From a commercial perspective the key for NAIM is getting more people towards 3b which is where Trusted Dealers come in.

Be interesting to know if NAIM take the info from our profiles and look at what “SYSTEM” we own to identify the type of customer they have. I know a Dealer has some of the info but won’t know your full system (Streamer, DAC) unless they sold it you.

The Naim logo is on the other side. Naim Black, but made in China though.

1 Like

Sounds like a great idea. No doubt one of the biggest upgrades ever…

1 Like

For the most part, I like the design of the Atom HE. The metal case is beautiful. Where I would like to see an improvement is maybe the plastic front. I don’t dislike it but it doesn’t have the same level of premium feel as the rest of the case. Maybe a toughened glass (if it needs to be shiny) with a OLED screen so the image blacks disappear into the case. But, overall I really like the size, look and feel.

2 Likes

There’s indeed also a lot of call for an higher end integrated amp. I guess here the question is then where you include the DAC. There’s also many brands with pre- or integrated amps with a DAC inside.

But my main point was that the Naim streamers aren’t true separates.

I also think that would make a lot of sense for Naim, as with the Mu-so’s and Qb’s, they have a very nice multiroom system. And people using other brands could then introduce Naim into their main system without too much cost (relatively) or having to change (m)any components.

Agreed, the Atom form is lovely and well proportioned but the perspex front with its nasty razor sharp corners is a definite let down to the rest of the design. I’m not sure plastic ever smacks of quality.

2 Likes

I have to disagree with you. I’m slumped in a chair, after doing a bit of weeding. Waiting for the tea to mash (brew). The Atom HE is on a table to my left side, it looks fantastic. The shiny black front, gives it an ultra modern look which will appeal for some years to come. :wink:

3 Likes

I think it looks good on the Atom but not so sure how this would translate in the Solstice design for full width products. Linn seem to have got it right here with a less sophisticated display but a more integrated mirrored glass front panel in the Selekt and Klimax DSM.

We’ll find out soon enough :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Where’s @NoNaim when you need him with his countdown…

1 Like

Don’t forget the modular approach from Linn … even the older generation DAC’s can be upgraded to the latest spec …

3 Likes

How many more days and hours now?

@NoNaim, we need your precise timing. Only a countdown from you will count.

1 Like

I think Naim have abducted him to stop leaks :slight_smile:

1 Like

What are you doing here with a name @NoNaim :open_mouth:

1 Like

Naimleaks

Ok he still likes posts and has not yet been extradited

1 Like