What’s coming at Munich?

Disappointing news but based on component shortages and shipping costs it’s no surprise there are no “new” releases announced.

We just need to sit tight for 6/9-months and see what’s released as part of the product roadmap. Shame, as I was ready to head down to my local dealer this weekend to reserve a 272.2 or whatever we all assumed it was going to be called.

The marketing is interesting though, and it does create expectations that are not being met and that should be a concern. The hype was for two new audio solutions. I’m not sure how many of us would consider an existing product marketed in a different colour to be a new audio solution, but I guess that’s the new world of marketing spin.

The flip side to marketing is communication with customers and whilst people are accepting of delays due to supply chain issues, the chain of communication to the customers on new orders seems to be lacking.

Off course there is a great range of products to be pleased about, but these other issues don’t seem to be a pattern with the main competitors.

4 Likes

The ash grey Star looks rather lovely, and much nicer than the horrible tin finish on the special edition separates.

As you say, it’s a limited edition and only comes as a package with the speakers. The Star and the Arias looks like a nicely balanced system.

3 Likes

Agree it looks very nice.

1 Like

I didn’t expect anything from Munich, but I am disappointed that Naim are falling behind in many ways. No new digital solutions or integrated amplifiers, withdrawal of the DR upgrades, slow response on customer queries for both service and delivery and a lack of dealer expansion outside of the UK. It makes being a customer more difficult than it should be. The grey option is a minor tweak, so much so that it really did not need to wait to be announced at Europe’s, possibly the worlds, major hifi show.

3 Likes

Yellow speaker cones and ash grey finish. So 1999.

The major show is back and this was it? Really? Wow.

2 Likes

Well you can have your LP12 in any colour you like, I would be quite happy with yellow myself

Hmmm…As someone close to me once said, don’t start with a whimper, they’ll loose interest “SHOW EM WHAT YOU GOT LAD!”

1 Like

Cheers - that’s clearer (for me, at least)

I don’t understand why some here are so critical of Naim. These are tough times and Naim are having to cope with severe component shortages. This is not the time to launch new products that will make delivery times even worse and p!ss off even more customers.

If you want to be critical then criticise the marketing hype.

8 Likes

Indeed, or perhaps they are just busy developing them and will only release them when they are good and ready :scream: :innocent:

1 Like

No. I was merely referring to the film in the light of recent discussions/suggestions regarding vibrators and other similar tools.

1 Like

Plenty of investment going on Nigel. In fact, likely more than ever exactly because of the component supply issues. Building up stocks of certain parts is likely the primary aim at the moment.

2 Likes

I guess given the lead up to the Solstice launch it was obvious something was happening then. Perhaps given the lack of anything like that for the show, it isn’t too surprising if there doesn’t seem to be an all new product launch happening.

And as others have said, they still make good kit, and there is plenty else going on right now that HiFi gear updates come down the list somewhat!

Back to work I suppose X)

Letting Naim know that they are not fulfilling customer expectations is perhaps the whole point of this Naim supported and controlled site, surely. It is better to let Naim know on here rather than randomly moan elsewhere?

3 Likes

Sorry but the head of steam built up around Munich has been generated by members of this thread (particularly the 272.2 brigade) not by Naim themselves. Anyone who seriously believes that an ‘audio solution’ means a brand new product is deluding themselves.

5 Likes

Yes Richard, I had already changed the word ‘invest’ to ‘launch’ in my post.

1 Like

From Richard’s previous comment, that would indeed appear to be the case.

In reality guys the only hype about this is here on the forum.

It was pretty obvious that if this was a BIG announcement that we’d have had teasers and countdowns etc.

I presumed this thread was a harmless bit of fun. You’d imagine Naim have just missed the chance to unveil world peace the way some are reacting.

.sjb

10 Likes

I mentioned that along with poor communication regarding delivery of orders and responding to support questions. Both of these can impact on a business.

1 Like