What’s coming at Munich?

And people throwing up everywhere :wink:

To be honest i would prefer an evening out at Augustiner than going to a boring HiFi show :rofl:

With Naim selling every single classic series component they manufacture with a waiting list, I don’t think it makes a lot of business sense to change that line. If you change the classic series their trade in values goes down and the upgrade path becomes much more difficult (more money).

2 Likes

Another not so crowded place, try hifideluxe alternative show not that far from MOC.

Last visit was quite interesting incl FM acoustics, Vertere, Audio Note and a French Co. I can’t remember the brand but seriously good sound and kit.

Since I’ve just (finally) bought a Core, I’m convinced that they are new, far superior, Naim server solutions.

3 Likes

It depends what you want it to do. If your demands are simply to rip your cd collection and save some downloads for quality playback then it is perfect. It gets a hard time on the Forum but that baffles me tbh. Love mine.

4 Likes

I’m with you Stuart. My needs are just as you describe; rip and playback only, no streaming services. I was extremely happy with my UnitiserveSSD and NAS. To my ears it comfortably saw off Melco alternatives, but both were 8 years old and I didn’t want to wait for either to fail before updating. My server/streamer is still not yet optimally set up in my new listening room, so I’m reserving final judgement on whether the Core is better sounding or not.

1 Like

I do use Qobuz too. The Naim app (also much maligned a few years ago) is also simplicity itself these days. The SQ is at a level for me that I doubt much would improve my digital source other than the ND555. Enjoy your new Core!

1 Like

Well as predicted, ISE was a no show for the main event. :disappointed_relieved:
So, 8 days to go………:bomb:

Yes. And I assume as the red rooster now handles Naim pr, that any announcements would come from the rooster and not from Naim themselves. (Though in reality it’s probably just tweeted and retweeted - I hate those words - by several accounts incl Naim official).

Or just follow Clare herself:

Btw eagle eyed amongst you might notice that Charlie ex MD is now at Cambridge Audio ……

2 Likes

Follow… Twit-whatsit… Nah.

IMO, its a great shame that Naim do not have a replacement for Clare, active on this Forum… And all her Posts now say ‘Naim Marketing’ and seem to be locked.

There was an opportunity there… Still is, really. If Naim has the will & vision.
Maybe not, these days…?

There is I believe still a marketing team, though with Clare and Ange leaving it’s dwindled in size. Kate is still there I think.

I don’t really do twitter either but the reality is this is how information is shared and published these days. The modern town crier.

1 Like

Never doubted that. But - not active on here… AFAIK…???

Clare’s input and insight was very useful, on here - IMO… That has been lost.

3 Likes

I still think there will be nothing. The 10th year anniversary “Ti system” is everything for this year

1 Like

You still have little ol’ me… :slightly_smiling_face:

26 Likes

The great Dane is all you ever really need and a stack of black boxes !

2 Likes

Different viewpoint. Not ‘embedded’ in Salisbury… Still useful, but…

@NeilS also very useful, on the pure Tech side.

Its Clare’s commercial input thats missed… by me, anyway. Like the delivery updates on the Solstice TT’s…

Perhaps you might propose that Naim have a Clare Mk2 on here…?

10 Likes

Maybe he was after a brighter future? Well, he got the sound signature; and others might be able to speak to the business prospects at Cambridge Audio… :grin:

555Core…

But was it useful really? Corporate platitudes and defensiveness is what I read.

1 Like

A bit harsh no? Members asking the same thing every ten minutes in the same thread wasn’t helpful

2 Likes