What’s going to happen?

Flame Red

Actually better still, Neat Speakers have a special premium finish on their top level speakers called “red velvet cloud” - I’m going for that it’s sensational

Not only is it true but increasingly HR departments are trained to identify psychopathic traits actively look for them because they believe they make effective managers.

I think this is true to a degree. Psychopaths get the best out of a team of plebs. Everyone else; well we just walk don’t we. I’ve certainly given the odd psycho senior the verbal middle finger and mildly damaged my career but ultimately felt better about myself for not going along with their BS.

Hasn’t exactly resulted in me living in a tent by the river so I’ve yet to see evidence that failing to tow the line and cooperate with a psycho senior manager is truly devastating to a career - despite frequent warnings.

5 Likes

I was thinking maybe buying these and asking the artist, Nicola McLaren if she would paint my boxes to match.

1 Like

Just to give some relativity to these sad news. Here in France, a country so near of UK, there are areas where a Naim dealer is at 6 or 7 hours drive from them. Some people can’t have their Naim components installed by a dealer. They ask on Naim french forum or by telephone.
To have service or dr, it’s complicated too.

1 Like

Are you setting up a sideline while you recover?
You could do that Linn LP12 thing with the colour palette to order!

1 Like

Thats why the French engineered the Deux Cheveaux - to bring your Naim NDS safely home with world class suspension.

1 Like

A Bentley is less comfortable, I agree

1 Like

Apparently you only have to work with them, you do not need to agree with them.
Kiss up kick down is how they roll. Apparently it stems from two frontal portions of their brains that haven’t evolved from when we live in small communities…
They find it hard to deal with more than 2 people at a time (like the pub) due to having to act out empathy as they have none. It’s kinda like you can describe colour to a blind person but yet the blind persons never actually seen the colour before so can only guess what colour is. You find them in middle management (the fish-heads)the most, they love to put a personal spin on upper managements instructions that’s part of the kick down. Really quite scary when you have a look around the workplace, particularly if you work in the corporate.

1 Like

I find pen pushers very hard to deal with. Half of the corporate world exist of people only doing what they are hired for and cannot think only 1% out of their own duties.

That’s a bigger problem for me than the what you call the psychopaths.

As little as 1 in 5 people have the trait, while not to be confused as a psychopathic “killer” where not only zero empathy for the victim plus not fore seeing the consequences of the crimes, they just keep on their murderous spree until they get caught, where the corporate psychopath have similar traits, just not a in a form of a blood bath, they get what they want at any cost just so long as they are in control the “plebs” do as they are told even if it’s for the detriment of the business. You will never better a person with this disposition, it is simply the way they work, they get to be very good at acting empathy on a one to one basis but in groups of 3 or more it gets a bit hard to keep it up when your always calculating a response. It is a human condition and stems from the times when we lived in small communities, we only needed to look after our own families, moving into larger populations we evolved to looking after each other to support the whole collective which insures our survival. Little bit like how south East Asia has a higher rate of lactose intolerant cases amongst its people, they just haven’t evolved to take dairy products where the west has in the last 10,000 years. Really interesting read, only around a 8 hour book.

1 Like

I’ve been out of the naim loop for some time now but was shocked when I received an email from my local dealer Shore HiFi/Real Music in Auckland saying they would no longer be distributing Naim products in NZ. Not great news to hear in a year when I was hoping to move in up from my NDX/SN2 to a 282/250 plus a Superline phono stage. If I was in a position to do it I would do it now before the changeover happens, but i’m not.

Chris Murphy has done a fantastic job representing Naim in NZ. There is a reason why more Naim per capita is sold in NZ than anywhere else in the world. As has already been mentioned on this thread, the representation of the brand in Australia is a mere shadow of what it is in New Zealand.

I have a feeling this will be the beginning of a slow demise for the brand here in NZ and that, in a few years time, the overheads in Salisbury are going to be saying “well that was a mistake…”.

3 Likes

Not just in NZ I imagine. It’s really a sign that the overlords interest are not aligned with the foundational values of Naim, and that will start to become more apparent throughout the market.

2 Likes

That’s if there is a Salisbury. My fear is that Naim customers in some markets are being taken for granted. I have grave fears for both the integrity and the survival of Naim. I hope I’m wrong but glad I have a hi fi that I can happily live with for the rest of my life without worrying about what happens next.

Times are a changing.

As I said it’s not just NZ…apparently
I’ve never liked focal speakers btw

Sure, but to send your naim gear for a service in England is a short trip across the Channel

The Tasman Sea between NZ and Australia is a distance of 2,000 km

And a lot of money$$$ and customs B.S

Basically, we have about 4 weeks to buy anything, otherwise we are screwed.

Yes, but what about the warranty? You know the lifestyle kits have been full of issues. A friend of mine brought an atom and the front face was loss, it wasn’t an easy fix.
I vote Chris Keeps the separates and the servicing while the rest can go to paulmoney etc.

Well that’s not completely true. I have an Atom and gen 1 Muso that’s had no issues.