What’s your favourite double vinyl STUDIO album

The double vinyl studio album allowed the Artist to expand and be more creative. It didn’t always work but many classics were produced.
This is probably my favourite because it was the first I bought some 55 years ago.
Bob Dylan. Blonde on blonde.

6 Likes

Possibly Exile On Main Street.

7 Likes

Electric Ladyland.
Still one of the greatest albums ever recorded.

11 Likes

So many …how about Eat A Peach, Allman brothers.

Not strictly studio, live and studio

2 Likes

Got to be Strummer & Co London Calling.

Doubles were such a rarity back in the day - now well over 50% of new vinyls are.

11 Likes

Quadrophenia.

7 Likes

The Beatles

9 Likes

Pink Floyd - The Wall & The Beatles White album.

7 Likes

I couldn’t decide which Lambchop album to pick, as both Is a Woman and Aw c’mon are nice. So I nominate these two:

Smashing Pumpkins- Siamese Dream and

Massive Attack - Mezzanine

3 Likes

Two of my top 20. :sunglasses:

15 Likes

It’s mine too. Blonde on Blonde is a masterpiece!

1 Like

The double vinyl albums also allowed for some excellent covers. Your 2 choices show completely different approaches.

1 Like

The studio section is only 28 minutes but so good I’ll give you that.:sunglasses:

Yeah, the PG is a great cover with the, controversial at the time, windows and some very unsavoury characters.

1 Like

3 Likes

Peter Gabriel Passion

3 Likes

I don’t have vinyl these days but I certainly enjoyed this on vinyl in the 70s. Elton John Goodbye Yellow Brick Road.

Of course the White Album by the Beatles is a favourite.

5 Likes

5 Likes

Your choice is not only the obvious one, it is also the correct one.

I cannot choose between Blonde on Blonde and Electric Ladyland (and am grateful that the terms of reference preclude me from having to factor Live Dead into the equation).

2 Likes