What speakers do you use with your NAP 300?

Harbeth SHL5+ 40th with my NAP300 (non DR) and NDX2/252. Placed about 2.5m apart with a slight toe in and 3m away listening position. Quite close to wall - about 15cm from rear due to room constraints. Sounds amazing across a wide range of music. Smooth and rich mids/vocals, smooth treble, bass is clean rather than thumpy. The SHL5+ is actually quite fast and dynamic and with the Naim electronics, even EDM sounds incredible - a real “locked in” beat.

3 Likes

Quite a mix so far, any other 300 users out there who have speakers?

.sjb

1 Like

I run SL2s with 552DR and 300DR. They sound superb with new tweeters fitted earlier this year.

1 Like

There is one other member happy with MA Gold GX 300 (one step larger than mine) but fronted by 250 DR, so I guess therefore not posted

Before my current system I ran Sopra 3’s with 300dr/252/nds. Really good on everything except 70’s stuff.

1 Like

I suspect you mean me, but as you suggested, I did not respond to this thread as the OP is asking for impressions of speakers being used with the NAP 300 and I use a 250DR.

I am surprised that Kudos Titan 707/NAP300 owners haven’t responded yet, surely a natural partnership.

1 Like

Indeed, I didn’t want to force you in front of the curtain but thought the OP might find it interesting, plus I felt so alone :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have a similar setup.

552 DR
300dr
G1 transport
Weiss 202

I currently use Kudos S20 which sound great but if I was looking to change I would be looking at Kudos 606. Ears and budget !

Jason

1 Like

Sopra 2

5 Likes

I have focal sopra 2 with nap 300 dr and 252

4 Likes

Extensive home and dealer demos of 300DR with ProAc K6s. Sounded terrific at dealers, not good in my lounge, so ended up with 250DR. I firmly believe the 300 & K6 is a great combo in the right room!

2 Likes

Also using ATC SCM40 out of a 300DR. Very good, but at higher volume bass can be a bit excessive.

4 Likes

Like @jhavar I’m currently using Harbeth SHL5 Plus with my 552/300DR system.

Before that, I had Sonus Faber Elipsas for a couple years and then Harbeth Monitor 40.1s, but I couldn’t make them work right in my room (too boomy). Speaker cable is NACA5.

My dedicated listening room is in the basement, approximatively 13.5 x 21 ft in size, irregular because of the staircase in the rear left corner, which eats up about 3 x 3 ft. Flooring is cork.

The SHL5s are 32 inches away from side walls and 36 inches away from the back wall. I’m sitting exactly 12 ft away from the front baffles.

At this point in time I’m perfectly happy with the system as it is and I don’t plan any changes in a foreseeable future, with the possible exception of getting a Karousel for the LP12.

Claude

1 Like

Me too. Waiting for 552, but 300DR and Sopras are burning in nicely. Improving all the time. Been running them in 24/7. What a difference

1 Like

Currently using Neat Ultimatum MF7 with Nap300 non DR.
Approx 1 metre from rear wall and 2 feet from sidewall and 2 metres apart. Fabulous.
Previously using Proac Response 2.5 in same positioning. Very good but MF7s far superior which I guess they should be considering both speakers original selling price.

1 Like

Sonus Faber Guarneri Tradition with my 300DR.
They sound absolutely magical with classical and opera. Wide soundstage, precise instrument placement, clarity of voices.
Of course they’re helped by the 555PS powering my 272.
Speaker cables the NacA5. Thinking of switching to Witchhat at some point.
I’ve added a REL sub for enhanced bass.

10 Likes

Neat Ultimatum XL6

2 Likes

Sopra 2 with naim 252 n 300 dr n witch hat cables :sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart::notes:

3 Likes

I haven’t seen many 707 owners anywhere! Seem rarer than 808s

Hi
I’m a 707 owner but have a pair of 135’s instead of a 300.

3 Likes