What speakers do you use with your NAP 300?

Kudos 505; upgraded from B&W 804 Diamond; about foot from wall, slight toe in

2 Likes

Wilson Duettes — Absolutely love them with my 300DR and NAC252

8 Likes

When I had my NAP 300, it drove my Neat MF9s perfectly well.

However, having moved to a NAP 500, I’m now hearing them even better.

Sorry, .sjb, this doesn’t really help, does it? :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Another happy owner of SBL on 300/252🥰

3 Likes

May I ask where you got the SL2 tweeters and how you fitted them?

Hi Jim, the tweeters are a matched pair from Naim. I ordered them through my dealer. As he lives locally Jason from Naim very kindly agreed to fit them so he collected them at the factory and fitted them.

It’s probably a dealer job unless you are particularly skilled at this sort of stuff.

The originals were 18 years old and the foam had disintegrated quite a bit so I knew they ought to be replaced. The new ones made such a difference. Interestingly the leading edge of the bass notes became so much cleaner which is not something I expected the SL2 tweeters to contribute to. I continue to be amazed by the SL2s every time I listen. I’ve not heard speakers that communicate like them and their ability to “disappear” is - to me - astonishing.

1 Like

Ravenswood I use the sopra 2 n rel s812 sub n getting another

Hi Thescotsman: why do you use Rel subs? Do you feel the Sopras lack bass?

Hi,

I have Spendor A9s with a NAP300 (non-DR). I use them in a room size 5m by 4m, height 2.5m. The speakers fire along the long axis of the room, about 2.6m apart and 30cm out from the back wall. Three walls are solid, floor is concrete. The fourth wall was re-plastered recently when removing coving and dado rail for redecoration. The lively sounding room is damped by full carpets and long curtains.

Musical instruments sound realistic, such that ordinary hi-fi terms of bass boom and treble brightness are hard to apply. My speakers are quite old now and our cats have spoilt the front covers. I am following this thread with interest as one day I would like to replace the speakers. However, auditioning speakers is essential for me. A return to standmounts is a possibility.

3 Likes

must say I never realised there were so many Neat models!

Spora 2 leading the way at the moment.

.sjb

Hi,

I use Dynaudio Contour S 5.4 with my 300DR. Room is 8m by 3.75m with speakers firing down the long wall. Speakers are 1.75m from the back wall and .75m from the side walls. There is 2.7m between the speakers and I sit 3.5 m from the speakers.

The room is carpeted and I have absorption panels at the first point of reflection. My system sounds very good to me, very balanced in terms of bass and treble. I would be interested in hearing newer Dynaudio models but I probably need to save a few more dollars before I make that happen. Then again maybe I should be looking at improving my source first. This seems to be the subject of many, many threads on this forum.

1 Like

Naim NBLs.

2 Likes

I use Kudos 606’s with mine. Moved from Dynaudio Excite x38 ‘s this year. Extremely happy with them, they are very easy in respect to placement and sound sublime

3 Likes

Before I demo’d another brand it was the Kudos 707s with a pair of Rel S/812s. Wonderful synergy.

Neat XL6 552/non dr 300. Room 4.5m by 5m x 2.75.
80cm from side, 50cm from rear, toed in. Concrete floor, rug, heavy cotton curtains, open side wall.
Can be driven cleanly to ridiculous levels without distortion…

1 Like

Focal sopra 2 here as well

1 Like

PMC 20.26’s here.

I’ve had them quite a while now and they’ve improved with every upgrade including the ND555 I’ve currently got on extended home demo thanks to the current lockdown.

1 Like

Loved mine too…sadly not my wife, family and friends!

Well hiden in a my corner:)

7 Likes

Hi SJB,

What strikes me the most is the wide variety of speakers and speakers brand NAP300 users have. I guess that the sonic signature of all these speaker brands differs quite a bit.

One could argue that such a variety benefits the client. But I am not sure. I see a very fragmented market and the huge difficulty that it is to make significant comparisons when buying speakers. I remember when buying my ProAc K6, which I really like, that I listened to those speakers and compared them with Magico S1 and some high-end Apertura. The listening was at the dealer’s place. The Magico S1 and Apertura are not even mentioned in your list which emphasises how difficult it to choose a speaker.

Michel

2 Likes