What speakers do you use with your NAP 300?

Ok, I understand. Thx. Tell me about your opinion afterwards :wink:

I think you fill find the Kudos T505 are 8.5k in the UK which are more expensive than B&W 804 D3, with the T606 being 10K

And it’s a matter of personal taste - a friend of mine loves B&W speakers (he has 802s and previously had 803s - he has some others in his kitchen but not sure what they are) but they leave me cold and I vastly prefer all the Titans

Speakers are a very personal choice I upgraded my speakers some 18 months ago and narrowed the choice down to B&W 803 D3 ,Kudos Titan 505 and 606 my preferred choice was the Titan T606. The B&W 803 D3 were the most expensive by far but they were not for me.

In my case it proves that the most expensive product might not necessarily be the preferred choice.

Oh, you’re right. I didn’t realize they jumped in price over the last years.

I’m from Germany, here it’s:

• B&W 804 D3 = 9.000€
  • Kudos T606 = 12.000€ (up from 10.000€)
  • Kudos T505 = 9.400€ (up from 8.000€) w/o stands

I agree with you the T606 are exceptional, lot’s of friends on here - I have T505 arriving in a month replacing my B&W 805N

I have the Ovator S-600 on my NAP 300 DR / NAC 282 SC DR. Previously I had a NAP 250 DR, but the potential of the S-600 only came to light with the NAP 300 DR. The next step will be a change to the NAC 252 or maybe a NAC 552 (2nd hand).

Dynaudio Contour S3.4 with 300DR, VDH Magnum cables. Clear, sweet sound, very good in whatever type of music and player, CDX2 or Unituqute2/Iradio/Tidal.

Shahinian Obelisks. Once you’ve heard them… such a different sound than regular speakers.

2 Likes

Contour 60, also with ndx2/555-252/sc. Sounds fantastic. Also have some special fortys that i sometimes set up with the 300, it makes them sound really big!

1 Like

Got focal sopra 2 and I find them less harsh than the 804. I liked the 804 but prefer the sopra 2 . I have since gone NAP 250 to 300. Lots more control. Now waiting for NAP 552 to replace the 282. Decide to jump the 252 . Oh …the upgrade bug but whatever floats
Your boat or budget. I love Naim . Loved Hifi for 30 years. Still makes me smile. Whatever we have it’s great to share each other’s journey and perceptions

3 Likes

I run my 804S with 135s.

1 Like

I used Ovator s600’s with a NAP300 for a number of years with great success. Found them to be a great step up from the s400’s.

Have now moved onto s NAP500 and the s600’s are sounding even more magical.

Give them a bit of space and they really reward.

2 Likes

Focal sopra 2, 1 metre from front wall firing down long part of room 21 f speaker 7 f apart room is L shape so losing some bass but still good results with 300dr.

@marka I was wondering how 804 D3 perform at lower volume listening level? I noticed few comments and reviews mentioning the 800 series likes higher volume levels to shine, thanks

Yep, they need about 9’oclock on the old 252 to fully wake-up.

1 Like

Thanks @marka

Looking at the video they are ok close to the wall?

Hi! They would be better if they were further out from the wall. But that can’t happen in this room unfortunately. They are front ported and deep-enough and round-enough that their interfacing to the front wall isn’t too severe.

1 Like

Thanks @marka appreciate that. In mix with Totem and PMC etc. for me, prefer the look of 805 to be honest but stumbled over 6 month old set at almost half price so making me think now, but they are flight away so hard to demo.

Hey Marka sorry was reading some previous post comments of yours on Rega planar 8 and the 252/300. Do you have a new Linn system now? If so how does it compare? Have been trying out the planar 8 the last couple of weeks was thinking of looking at a Linn or p10. Thought I’d ask someone with a similar system or previous similar system.