What speakers do you use with your NAP 300?

3 clear favourites (one of which I own!)

.sjb

I use the AV bypass on the 552. Therefore the front speakers are powered by the NAP300, but the AVR controls the volume. Centre, Rears and Sub volume controlled by the AVR. It works very well.

1 Like

What a fantastic combination…

Thx Stuart :wink:

1 Like

Hi Sloop_John_B

A new one for your list: Quad 2805. Dramatic clarity and detail. They throw more of it across the room to me than my Beyer headphones can a centimetre from my ear. Long term Quad user here and can’t get on with anything in a box anymore!

PS I also am greatly enjoying a recent purchase of an Auralic Aries 2.1

2 Likes

Ok, you need to add Magico S1 mk2 to the list to the list of speakers used with a NAP300dr, the speaker that “lack refinement, colors and texture”:wink:

1 Like

Focal Micro Utopia Be.

2 Likes

Sopra 2 with NDS/252/300DR. Fantastic. 11 feet equilateral triangle with listening position.

1 Like

Another vote for Ovator S400. They sound great, but might need to reassess if they are the weakest link in the future.

Where are all the B&W 800 series owners?

1 Like

Shahinian Hawks with RP10/252/300DR. Fabulous sound and not just in the listening position but all over the strange shaped room I am blessed with…

1 Like

There were 10 responded to the similar thread for the 500 along with 7 on Titan 808s, 6 with NBLs, 4 DBL users and 4 SL2s out of 73 answers.

A friend had 803s on his 300dr but when he got 802s he found he needed the 500dr

Tri-amped PMC MB2 SE with 3 x 300’s

5 Likes

I have used Totem Wind for the past 5 years or so. Previously SL2, before that SBL. The Winds have allowed the recent upgrade to ND555 and 552 pre to shine. All DR, and sounding good! Especially live albums.
The Totem speakers narrowly beat Proac D40R on home demo as the bass was that little bit clearer and sound away from the listening position was very good.

2 Likes

707’’s for 3 years with NAP300DR, very happy with this combo. Did go NAP500 but could have kept the NAP300 and worked well in a room 6.5x5m and 11” from rear wall.

2 Likes

I still use my Naim Allaes, which sound great, but I will be looking for some new ones at some point and I am keen to try the Kudos range.
NDX2, 252/SCDR and 300 non DR

1 Like

On my NAP300DR (NDX2/XPSDR/NAC252/SCDR) I use B&W 804D3.

Thinking about trying out Kudos 606 or 505s though…

1 Like

Another pair of B&W 805 D3s here.

@marka may I ask you what bothers you about the B&W 804 D3 so that you consider buying other speakers? Wouldn’t it be more of a sidemove (Kudos 606) or even a downgrade (Kudos 505) from the 804 D3s? Just asking because I have the same speakers.

Hi, not buying… just trying. Always interested to hear different things in the system. I’ve never heard an isobaric speaker in my system before.