What upgrade will Santa bring you for Christmas?

im already googling ex demo units, seems they are not that common but the fun is in the hunt

1 Like

A SH 555PS-DR has just presented itself to me, replacing my XPS-DRā€¦it would be rude not to. It is Christmas after all.

Merry Christmas everyone!

1 Like

I made this change a couple of months ago, XPSDR on an NDS to 555DR.

Itā€™s not a subtle upgrade, quite surprising really.

2 Likes

Just a tad excited! Sounds very promising:)

Enjoyā€¦it is a great ps.

1 Like

Hi Santa Arrived early at 12.05 in Sunny Wales with a Used Naimuniti2 arrived , I bought
( my wifes christmas present to me ) , thanks honey itā€™s just what I wanted ( beats the dodo out of aftershave shower gel and sox etc I cant say the s### word online ) I bought it it on approval, well my first impression is WOW its bloody heavy ,I mean my wife nearly did herself an injury bringing it in for me lol , no seriously Iā€™m disabled leggs are bad I use walking sticks , I plugged it into the headphones socket with my sennheiser HD650 headphones, the sound is very different to my Marantz CD6000 ki signature clear open balanced after 30 mins or so with the cranberries, I can say itā€™s a keeper WOW Iā€™m shocked almost like my Quad esl57s but in my head weird , but good very good way , I kept my old gear boxed all over my home after I moved for 3 years no room to st it up , if you downsize buy Naimuniti2 or similar system itā€™s a no brainer , for now more cds and streaming, later , much later Iā€™ve rediscovered my cd collection , happy Christmas to all

13 Likes

Hi Peppo, I have 252/SCDR/300DR and upgraded from Fact 8 to Fact 12 a couple of weeks ago. You are in for a treat!!

Canā€™t wait!!! My fact 12 should arrive next week.

2 Likes

What front end do you have? I use CDS3/XPSDR?

1 Like

At the moment a NDX2 and Iā€™m thinking about adding a XPSDR in the near future.

1 Like

Santaā€™s sleigh was struggling on these due to the weight.VandersteenSub3

1 Like

Sal 4070-
Iā€™m single and disabled, so not much assistance is available- although I was telling No quarter that I had bought my harbeth m30.1 from reviews - iwas in a wheelchair then and bought locally - the seller came and set them up :slight_smile: This year I ā€œdownsizedā€ by adding a ndx2 - but also traded in 200/202 from attic storage - so 1 less box up there. The streamer is (to me) a giant jukebox. I have no way to download my cdā€™s and for now they are out and about along with lpā€™s - really love/hate - itā€™s difficult to jump up every 12 minutes or so - butā€¦ Anyway glad to hear Santa was so good to you this year

1 Like

Christmas Eve, Santa brought my pre-loved Supercap 2. Couldnā€™t resist setting it up so at 1am Christmas morning , headphones on, Iā€™m wrapping presents while listening to Gram Parsons, Wes Montgomeryā€¦ears agog.

Still got to set the Burndy properly, but wowee, did the Superline sound great with its new power supply. At 2.15 reluctantly went to bed before divorce ensued. I could have stayed up happily playing records :smiley:

5 Likes

If you can get your cdā€™s ripped and onto a server, you should really enjoy the freedom it will give you ā€“ no getting out of the chair unless you want to! They will sound great on the NDX2. Hopefully you can get it sorted, or get someone to come along and help!

2 Likes

I got a Hifi Critic subscription, was a nice surprise!

3 Likes

Very nice indeed. :nerd_face:

Chag -

Some MOFI vinyl, very nice, just a shame my system is down right now

Hi benjy, thanks and a merry Christmas to you
Iā€™m a bit like you (my leggs do work a bit in need walking sticks to move around a bit)
but I have been married for 42 years to the same woman I was courting her for 5 years ,(so I know her very well indeed ) sheā€™s a good weoman Iā€™m very lucky to have her.
( my wife puts up with a lot from me mostly frustration , not being able to do what I used to she helps me move gear etc and in in many other ways God bless her ) " she wont read this so Iā€™m glad you have your music again streaming is a whole new word for us both not just our cds

7 Likes

Ehā€¦ as in what?

I dunnoā€¦ but I think weā€™re on the same page (And after a Whiskey Sour and a couple of Vesper Martiniā€™s Iā€™m not so sureā€¦:slight_smile:

Ignore; I messed up somewhereā€¦

Oh , I got my worms mixed up Tidal , Tinder itā€™s close it christmas , my brain took a holiday Iā€™m old what can I say

1 Like