What was the last bit of gear you bought in 2022?

I went over to the UK for the first time in two years to see my new Grandchildren, one two weeks and the other one year old.

I returned with some small updates.

10 Likes

They cost £80 and yes, you order by email they send you an invoice.

2 Likes

If it’s your intention to use the Aavik Stream app be prepared for some compromises … understand that I have only been using it for about a week now but, fair to say, I still prefer the Naim app … I’ll warm up to it …

Olive 250 finally. Will be going to Class A along with the 72 and HiCap for service before I install in the rack. :smile::smile::smile:

12 Likes

No picture just yet, heck, it’s just a record cleaner, but I bought one of the Humminguru ultrasonic cleaners the other week.

Very happy with it so far. Really easy to use. I like how I don’t need to immerse my records in chemicals. Everything I’ve run through it so far, including records previously cleaned with a manual Knosti, have benefited and exhibit less noise.

One record must be a little on the small side and refused to turn without a bit of pressure applied to the edge. The drying cycle does what it says on the tin :slight_smile:

It’s really nicely made too, the plastics used are decent enough, and the spares should see it maintainable (for consumer replaceable items) for ages.

It replaced a Knosti. Tempted though I was by Project or similar vacuum based machine, it was the ability to use simple distilled water in the first instance that swung it for me.

4 Likes

Remove the drain filter thing at the bottom. I have a few lps that will not spin with it in. Its a fairly course strainer intended to protect the pump from lumps of vinyl.

1 Like

Very interesting. I’m looking into record cleaners and just checked out the Humminguru website as a result. Any downsides?

I think the only one is if you have any greasy contaminants to get rid of (from your LPs!). I’ll keep my Knosti to give really manky 2nd hand LPs a pre-clean. Apart from that, none so far! There’s a couple of dedicated threads to the cleaner on here that are worth a read.

1 Like

I shall give that a try, thank you!

Probably the one I had

Yes your speakers/system would have ample base anyway so wasted

Thought it had a Kiwi accent. :rofl::rofl::rofl::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

l’ve heard that but will give it a try. Use Qubox exclusively so here’s hoping.

Ha probably :grinning::+1:

Bowers and Wilkins 803D3’s. Nicely discounted and a fair trade in on my 805’s. Just weeks of break in to endure. I’ll survive.

2 Likes

@Stephen_Tate for some strange reason I can’t find your post.

Re the subs I just didn’t hear any difference, which is odd as I’ve heard good things about them.

1 Like

You wouldn’t Pete - it’s more for the small nSAT speakers which require the bottom end punch

Your Rurarks already have it

It was really great with the nSATs but will be interesting to see what Stephen thinks when he’s got it set up

These days evidently it’s a collectors item according to you know who

1 Like

Yes I do apologise here Pete - sometimes I unwillingly delete my posts by accident, trying to edit/navigate my way around on a tiny iPhone with a ‘protected’ screen.

1 Like

Super Black Hole CD Mat:
I was skeptical, but figured I’d give it a try, considering the price.
I’m very happy with the purchase!

2 Likes

That big round case looks familiar. It is unfortunate you didn’t compare the Sarum T with the Signature XL which I currently own. I have read about a single experience of the Sarum T blowing the Signature XL out of the water sometime last year, or is it 2 years ago.

Anyway, I wouldn’t have the funds to go for the Sarum T so it won’t matter too much. :grin:

In Jan I bought a brand new 250 DR. But I think this will be the last investment for me in Naim. If later I upgrade my system, then I will go to other brands.