What was the last bit of gear you bought in 2022?

New Accuphase E280

27 Likes

Great speakers! Is your pair an active or a passive one?

Thanks Zhenya,
They are tremendous. I went passive however I have read great things about the actives. One thing I was wary of with actives is that the bass may be a bit overpowering in my room, not so the passives.

1 Like

Lovely integrated. Had the 270 for a while.

4 Likes

I owned one. It was just ok.

2 Likes

(sh) Audio Note 300B P3 Silver and some (sh) Kondo cables.

16 Likes

I currently own a pair of active SCM40A Mk 2 speakers and previously the passive SCM40 Mk2, like you. What I found out was in the same room, that passive version supplied too much bass, but the active’s are fine. I later, to my cost, found that Van den Hul interconnect and speaker cable to be the cause. It would seem to be a imbalance with the ATC speakers and electronics ( CDA Mk2 &P1 ). A lot of people talk about room size with ATC. Mine is 16 feet (bay window) x 12 feet x 9 feet. One point, that people seem to forget with room dimensions concerning speakers, is that the room is a three dimensional space and not two. If you have high ceilings, this can offset the reduction in the two dimensional space.
As always, a home demonstration is preferable. I should practice what I preach, could have saved me a lot of time and money. You live and learn :blush:

4 Likes

Took a punt on these cutie pie’s… have them attached to uniti atom in my study and I’m thrilled with the SQ over the B&W 606’s I had previously. Smaller footprint, bigger & clearer soundstage. I think I’ll keep them till I can justify a pair of the Elekta Amator III’s. Truly outstanding pair of speakers, these Lumina II’s…

17 Likes

Almost forgot, picked up a little Qb 2nd gen for mother. Need to keep the Naim fires burning, however small the contribution :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ex-demo Core with a 4TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD. Time to update the US/Netgear NAS before it starts giving problems I felt.
It will live in a very small data cupboard in the hall, high up under the stairs.

13 Likes

I received the hardware yesterday morning and I installed it in the afternoon.

Setup was easy, but I had some difficulty copying my files from the external SSD to the internal SSD (the command in the menu is not easy to find). For the rest, my NAS is connected, the library is imported, Qobuz is installed. The control application from the iPhone is well done and I am very satisfied with the sound reproduction. The sound is refined, the sound image is crisp and the rendering of musical textures is excellent.
I don’t regret my previous configuration (PC+Jplay Femto + DAC), phew!!

16 Likes

Um and arrrd about these for ages. Either these or the Focal clear mg and Stellia. I just liked these better for a variety of reasons.

12 Likes

I’m considering these on a short list for my Superuniti desk system, on paper they seem very interesting.

Hi @PhilChill
Enjoy your new Auralic Altair G1. I think it is a really wonderful bit of kit and really up with my other excellent sources that i have if not better.

1 Like

Hi @ Mtuttleb
Thank you very much, I really appreciate all its features and its rendering.
I can see in your profile that you have two. Congratulation !!

Hi @PhilChill
No only one, but it travels between two places (systems). Such a convenient way to transport a large part of the music collection. I fully agree with your findings.

1 Like

If you can, give them a listen, or better yet demo for a week? I stayed in my office till late last night just getting to know them. First thing this morning they were back at work again.

I found the highs to be softer and more lifelike with the lows being far clearer.

Visually, they’re quite easy on the eye too.

All the best.

Oh well, you know how it is, you leave the house at 4pm and by 5pm you have returned with a another different piece of kit

A preloved CDX2 in beautiful condition to replace a CD5x and Flatcap 2x. The difference in sound quality is immediately apparent and I’m chuffed.

31 Likes

Fantastic. Enjoy!

1 Like

Thanks Stephen :+1:

1 Like