What was the last bit of gear you bought in 2022?

Aluminium for the new speakers. 30mm.

5 Likes

Now the run in period :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Did you get your dc block?

Well, early days of course, but everything sounds a bit more ‘spacious’ if you know what I mean. I’ve got it on permanent repeat at present to allow it to settle in, but it seems very promising. Rich Trussell (co-founder) very interested in my system and on getting feedback which is encouraging. I have to say, also, that the cables have a real ‘quality’ feel to them. I’ll keep you posted…

1 Like

Spoiled for choice at present, as I’m also home testing a Primare R35 phono amp to partner my P8/Apheta 3. Again, very nice indeed, and beautifully built.

@WeekendWarrior @Spb @badger1954

You may care to look at my last years thread here:-

1 Like

That is a wonderful post and I now recall reading it at the time and thinking that I should really do something positive about my hearing once COVID restictions eased.

Now is the time.

My first post! I just bought a used Supernait 1 for my patio speakers (PSB CS1000). I’ve never heard any Naim product before, looking forward to it’s arrival!

For my ‘main listening room aka mancave’ I have an Auralic Aries streamer > AES > Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE w/ preamp > XLR > Pass Labs XA30.8 > Magico A1 bookshelf speakers. I’ll of course have to try the supernait in that chain before going to the PSB duties but looking forward to trying out this whole Naim sound :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Welcome. It will be interesting to hear your thoughts on the differences.

Love mine. The only thing you may find is they are brutally honest about poorly recorded/mixed material

1 Like

Piece by piece, the new listening room equipment arrives.

• 4 x GigaWatt G-16A 2P , circuit breakers

• 74 meters of GigaWatt LC-Y EVO 3X4 , in-wall cable

One power lead per audio device.

In a few days I will also receive an audio grade Doepke differential circuit breaker. It will protect the 4 dedicated lines.

9 Likes

Supernait 3 arrived today. :slight_smile:

19 Likes

Just set up and even at low vols they are a more rounded speaker than the 7. The 7 is fantastic but it feels the 11 is a bit more mature and warmer. Looking forward to the next few weeks as they run in.

3 Likes

Welcome to the money pit :joy::joy:

Enjoy your SN3 and be sure to let us know how you get on with it.

Thank you Steve! Yeah started saving for HCDR already, lol.

4 Likes

Yes, silent amp now, no hum whatsoever.

1 Like

Good stuff @Thomas :ok_hand:t2: :sunglasses:

74 meters of solid core… That will take you roughly to the first service of your kit to run-in. :smile:

1 Like

2nd hand Chord Poly as addition to my Mojo (1) and Dan Clark Audio Aeon 2 Noire

12 Likes

Atlas EOS 2.5 power block and Hyper RCA’s

4 Likes

New Kudos 707s. Transformed my system as they fill the whole room with a joyous sound.
I was going to buy the demos in walnut but my wife wanted oak to match the existing woodwork!

43 Likes