What was the last bit of gear you bought in 2022?

I hope you like them. They were a real mistake for us, they just looked wrong in the room: too much metal and a large footprint. They were with us for a couple of months I think. Lots of people like them though, and in the right room I’m sure they’ll be fine.

1 Like

New air freshener mains block?

What is that thing on the left?

It’s a top secret system improverer/ mains rectilinear/ room enhancement/ thingymajig - invented by a gentleman by the name of Belt - I think his first name was Peter - and the beauty is you don’t even have to plug it in! You simply place several cylindrical items in the sockets and set light to them and hey presto - nothing happens - but you can see in the dark!

In other words it’s a candle holder that my other half put there one day and every time I move it - it somehow - as if by magic - finds it’s way back :grinning::sunglasses:

1 Like

And I’m now up to 371! :yawning_face:

I do remember you not really liking them Nigel but I thought they looked great. I have bought them pre loved so wont loose much if anything if we don’t get along.

1 Like

They are great stands! Looks are always subjective.

2 Likes

Boa Constrictor. First significant power cable upgrade. I am thinking the 250DR first to be treated.

2 Likes

A few caps for the analogue board that feeds a few hungry 135’s in my home cinema set up. A big upgrade for a number of hours and a modest parts cost.

3 Likes

Intel NUC 10 to run Roon Rock and hold my flacs.

1 Like

NAPSC for my NAC 202. Listening to some of my favourite music there are some subtle nuances but kind of hard to describe to be honest.

3 Likes

Well today after putting it off for too long, got my first pair of hearing aids. Hardly a bit of kit in the context of this thread (although they cost the same as a modest upgrade) and I was dreading listening to music through them. But it was a bit of a revelation and there is no doubt it improves the experience and I can genuinely say I am hearing things that I didn’t know were there.

20 Likes

Hi, i have my first hearing aid appointment soon, dreading it to be honest, so heartened that you have had a positive experience.

I fear that I shall have to tread the same road as I’m driving Mrs B mad asking her to repeat most of what she says.

Perhaps a new thread is in order for those of us venturing into hearing aid territory?

2 Likes

So far, so very nice…

4 Likes

Just arrived…

13 Likes

Oohh…tell us more.

Aluminium for the new speakers. 30mm.

5 Likes

Now the run in period :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Did you get your dc block?

Well, early days of course, but everything sounds a bit more ‘spacious’ if you know what I mean. I’ve got it on permanent repeat at present to allow it to settle in, but it seems very promising. Rich Trussell (co-founder) very interested in my system and on getting feedback which is encouraging. I have to say, also, that the cables have a real ‘quality’ feel to them. I’ll keep you posted…

1 Like