What was the last bit of gear you bought in 2022?

Exactly so Chris!

1 Like

Your not the first to think the Osiris cannot be as good as it is because it’s too cheap.

But it is that good.

Just a few personal demonstration observations 
 Osiris v Bryston BP 17-3/4B-3 driving the MB2se , regardless of the double cost double power of the Brystons , the Osiris was substantially better in dynamics , tonality , soundstage , detail , in fact there was not one area where the Brystons were anywhere near the Osiris. The Osiris was just so much more realistic and true to life.

Osiris / PMC MB2se v Naim {cannot remember which but was top end pre/power} /PMC Fact 12. The Naim/PMC system was very good and i could have listened to it all day. But the Osiris/MB2se’s bought a whole new level of realism with no downside.

Just like Naim the Osiris will benefit from correct installation and better cables, as well as other tweeks i’ve found over the years.

3 Likes

@Folkman definitely you’re top!!!
Superclear. You anticipated all my future questions
except one: how is it without isis with another source?

I have another brand new one of these beauties winging it’s way here, this time for my HiCap DR.

:blush:

22 Likes

Spendor D7.2’s on home demo. I’ve decided to keep them. :blush:

31 Likes

Sorry can’t help with that one, as the Isis is my only source. Although i don’t foresee any problem.

I was very impressed when I added one to my HiCap-DR. I think you’ll enjoy it

1 Like

Thank you marcusman, i look forward to receiving it and plugging it in :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

1 Like

How are they handling Mr Kilmister?

1 Like

Still running in but have superb detail and finesse. Replaced EPOS ES14s which were already good but simply lacked the depth and stage of the Spendors. Bass much more refined too. Very happy (as I should be for the cost). :grin:

1 Like

Are you keeping that pair? Or getting new ones? They are a bugger to break in. Literally took 3 months.

1 Like

Keeping them. They are new and in the finish I wanted. Enjoying the run in period. :grin:

2 Likes

Degritter RCM - arrived an hour ago.

Just trying to work out how to use it - seems pretty straightforward.

14 Likes

The name ‘Degritter’ always seems to me to imply the use of a rather excessive cleaning action!

2 Likes

I hope so, because Pink Floyd’s ‘Animals - 2018’ is going in next.

1 Like

UPDATE - either I’m using the Degritter incorrectly, or ‘Animals - 2018’ is irredeemable.

I think it is the latter. Pops and clicks remain.

2 Likes

I would be very interested if you notice any sound improvements on your vinyl once it’s been through the Degritter.
I’m thinking of purchasing one myself.
Give up with Pink Floyd Animals. The pressing is a dud I already sent my copy back. A RCM can’t fix bad pressings or scratched & damaged vinyl.

Thanks Prem.

1 Like

I’ve cleaned just 4 records to date Prem, so early days:

• ‘The Visitors’ - Abba. An improvement but is going for another spin, this time ‘heavy’. (I ruined this LP a while back by spraying cleaning fluid direct onto the disc with horrendous results.)
  • ‘Animals - 2018’ by Pink Floyd is a write off
  • ‘Sticky Fingers’ - Rolling Stones - excellent
  • ‘So’ - Peter Gabriel - ditto

Now, is it worth the outlay? I’ll reserve judgement. It’s a lot of cash, and so you really want the vinyl to sound better. To be honest, I need to track down an LP with some annoying low level crackles and I think I’m listening to it at the moment - the Giles Martin ‘White Album’ remix. I’ll give that one a spin when I’m through listening.

One observation at this stage - the record comes out of the machine super clean. The grooves - and the flaws within/across them - are vivid with the mark 1 eyeball.

2 Likes

I had a few records cleaned by a friend on the Degritter and I was astonished at the increased soundstage and improvement in being able to clearly distinguish individual instruments.
Be interested if you find a similar situation over next few weeks as you clean some more.

I had a loaner Osiris for about 2 months when my SN3 was away for repair, very impressive but surprisingly when I got the SN3 back I preferred it, more subtlety and nuance and that reach out and touch realism- excuse the cliché! I was anticipating a big let down after the Osiris but it was quite the opposite

2 Likes