What was the last bit of gear you bought in 2022?

That mats matter is a point of proven outcome with felt mats nearly always being the worst (they look nice though) with cork being second best and high mass glass testing best (apparently). The Achromat certainly has that uniform appeal that attracts us to felt. Let us know how you get along.

A mat isn’t a tweak I’ve as yet bothered with for aesthetic reasons. But that looks quite nice.

Just slotted a new 252 in place of the 282.
I know its a debated comparison for some. For me… nope.
It is already outstanding and filling in all the concerns I sometimes encountered with the 282. Running in should be interesting to see what more there is to come.
I’m done. End game. Honestly :grimacing::shushing_face:

34 Likes

You know you need a 555PSDR on that NDX2, right?
:laughing:

Iain. My good lady said anymore and she’ll stab me and make it look like an accident

7 Likes

Mine has a full Leg of Lamb in the freezer.
Says she’ll batter me with it and then eat the evidence🤣
She’d probably die of food poisoning soon after, as she can’t cook to save her life🤣

9 Likes

:flushed:

:laughing:

Here at upgradeitis towers I was only allowed to secure the 555PSDR (receiving SWMBO 50% contribution) by trading in the XPSDR AND the 272 I’d hoped to move into the office to replace SuperUniti. I was unfortunately at the time in no position to argue as I’d already committed to 252 and NDX2 from dealer.

The SuperUniti lives on, which is not an entirely bad thing - it’s still an excellent system, and a wee box provides Tidal Connect.

1 Like

Curious as why you chose the power supply over say the 300dr?

Have you listened to the difference a 555PS DR makes? :wink:

1 Like

It’s an interesting question. I went 555PS (second hand, replacing an XPS DR) with a NDX2 and 252/250 over changing the 250 to the 300. Cost and box count was also a factor. I don’t really feel a need for a 300, though it would be nice to try one out, but they are not available to demo.

2 Likes

Please. No. :man_facepalming:

1 Like

Not had the benefit of 252/250 as I went 300 first. And Iiked what it did. The 252 though is already incredible. It loves metal as well which my 282 didnt like too much.

2 Likes

Hi-cap Dr in - yeah
When fitting noticed Hi-line collar broken - boo.
Miss Hi-line already what a bit of kit (if it stays in one piece)!

Patience, grasshopper.
Rome wasn’t built in a day.
(Insert additional time related saying here)

Source first.
If it doesn’t enter the amp it doesn’t leave it.
(Insert additional audiophile related saying here)

300DR is on the list but 555 lets us experiment with nDAC vs NDX2 whilst we save pennies.

We have a history of maxing out each stage before we move on, having bought SL speaker cabling and interconnect when only on a 272.

300DR is definitely a wish, perhaps also an end game DAC - but we’re in no rush now having secured the main parts we need for an all classic system.

2 Likes

No need for 300 Mike

Buy top flight turntable instead ha :crazy_face:

1 Like

Bought a glass shelf and ball/cup feet for the Nova.

The improvement in sound quality is breathtaking.

:eyes:

15 Likes

Interesting cabinet there. Very stylish.
Reminds me of the walls in an anechoic chamber. :smile:

Tidal subscription to replace Spotify…… Tidal Connect simplicity itself with the Atom HE, considerably more pfaff with the 272 and I’m still uncertain as to whether Tidal is streaming to the 272 or through the iPhone/iPad app….?

Update 08/10/22

Well that didn’t last long, reverted to Spotify as common user interface across 272 and HE. Less pfaff on the 272 and, no really appreciable loss in SQ……

2 Likes

Hi
could i ask where you purchased this from. I’m looking to get exactly the same for my Nova

many thanks

Had considered talking to my dealer about getting a legit Fraim shelf etc, but in the end picked this one up from the online auction site.

1 Like