What was the last bit of gear you bought in 2022?

Jantzen inductors. 5mH. 1,6kg of copper.

4 Likes

JMR Bliss vs naim Ariva.

11 Likes

An additional run of NACA5.

8 Likes

Completing the set.

21 Likes

IMHO the Arivas are seriously underrated speakers.
A speaker which does not like to be moved in my experience. I’ve found that after even a small move, they need a few days before they settle down again (especially in the bass registers, where they can overwhelm smaller rooms). Possibly why they have received less than favourable comments from some quarters. I’ve had them from new and they have faithfully shown me the benefits of every system upgrade I’ve thrown at them. Very natural and believable sound.
(Oh, and they match with the Naim n-cent speaker very well (as you would expect) as part of a surround sound system.) Enjoy!

1 Like

2 x 10m Kudos KS-1 here for the last 4 weeks, sounding very musical.

7 Likes

I thought the ones in my XPS DR & HiCap DR were good upgrades, but i now have one in my SN3 to complete the set, and cor, blimey! :eyes::flushed::innocent:

12 Likes

That much of a difference?

I bought the S812 and it is wonderful. Only have the one, but will look to get a second at some stage.

Yes, once that last went in it has really made for an accumulative big difference. With the XPS DR the whole presentation was upgraded right the way through…With the HiCap DR the concentration seemed to be more in the high frequencies & more energy with a deeper but leaner bottom-end. With my last one in the SN3 the bass and lower mids have really filled out, at the same time there is more coherence and fluidity. Really bringing together what was good about the other two, but with more meat on the bones, so to speak. It’s bloody Lovely.

4 Likes

Just added 2 to my Hi-Cap DR and SN3 in addition to the one I’ve had on the XPS for a couple of months. I agree, the difference has exceeded my expectations by some margin.

3 Likes

I will get two S/510 if anything at all. My dealer told me the S/812 is way too big for my room.

Did you do the termination, Geoff, or is that how they were supplied, with Naim Audio plugs? Looks neat.

Hi @Clive

In the past I have always completed the naim plug soldering to NACA5 having successfully (and neatly) terminated several runs for myself and friends systems.

When I decided to buy the KS-1 cable I thought it would be best to have the supplier add new plugs at both ends - based on their very good reputation and the recommendation of others I trust.

I ordered the cables from Cymbiosis, who were super helpful in our phone conversation including asking for my amp and speaker details. This enabled them to hand the plugs correctly for my naim configuration allowing for the difference between the left and right at both ends. The direction arrows also made it clear which cable was for right and which for left from the amplifier.

2 Likes

Thanks, Geoff. I think I’d better give Peter a call. I will need to request a loan of a demo set first though.

1 Like

When I bought Phantom cable I was told the Naim plugs were only used because of the rigidity of NACA5 cable. I went with just banana plugs and they are fine.

1 Like

It’s good. The S/510. I have one in the system.

8 Likes

Auralic Aries G1.1. This one is the demo unit but my order has been placed.

11 Likes

Nice! :+1:t3::slightly_smiling_face:
I particularly like the little PS caddy on the left. Did you purchase or have built?
Thinking of doing the same for mine so I can fit my streamer into my Fraim without adding another shelf🙂

EE8 ordered.
Had a really bad experience with retailer and distributor of Silent Angel equipment to extent I won’t purchase any of their products again - my advice buyer beware.
Forester F1 was nice upgrade too so looking for a reasonably priced alternative.