What was the last bit of gear you bought in 2022?

Hi @Scotchegg it sounds absolutely stunning, even with the Rega Ania cart. More or less chosen to stay within budget …

1 Like

NDX2. It’s wonderful :blush:

30 Likes

Hiline didn’t do it for me so just bought a used Chord Sarum Super Aray (non T version) to go between NDX2 and 552. Which me luck :slight_smile:

Sarum-Tuned-ARAY-DIN-to-DIN

14 Likes

After a long search, I was finally able to find a second hand nac 282 to replace my 202. I must say it took a bit of getting used to the more ‘ forward’ sound of the 282 versus the -what I found - more ‘intimate’ sound of the 202. However, after a few days I really started to appreciate the 282 so much that I can’ t stop listening. Nonetheless I will keep the 202 and add it into my second system in a small study (I need to find a low cost power amp for this, CB or olive?) Wrt the main system, this for now completes my Naim journey that started with my first post in November 2021 as funds allocated to hifi have run out. Apart from the 282, the biggest improvement I experienced was adding an nDac to the bluesound node. The least attractive addition was the cd5si, as it cannot keep up wih the streamer combination and I only seldom use it these days. For now, I will now enjoy listening to lots of classical music via Qobuz and hope I can defer the next upgrade itch!

4 Likes

Rega Fono mk5 sitting nicely on top of the 202, LP12 is new to me but sadly only on loan from a relative.

13 Likes

I use Sarum T din:din between my ndx2 (with 555drps) into my 552.
Opened things up compared to lavender Naim interconnect.
On a separate note PLEASE get yourself an XPSdr or better yet 555drps.
David

1 Like

He just sold his 555 DR to fund the 552…

I could have told you that a long time ago if you had asked…:sunglasses::innocent:

1 Like

It’s on the list. That long list that never ends it seems. I’ll get there :sunglasses: I just took a re route.

Really great upgrade. Just let’s more of everything through and sounds more natural. Only had about 5 hours use so not sure if it will continue to improve.

14 Likes

Not a purchase, but I hope it still qualifies. I was finally able to unpack my headphone, which I have not used for years. AKG 240 Monitor. If I remember well it was not really cheap back in the days, but the sound is… let’s say I am glad I do not need to use headphones in my home :rofl:

3 Likes

Time for some Music…

…That really is it for 2022.

23 Likes

Looks and feels very high quality end to end. It’s only on the 250DR for a few hours but it sounds impressive straight out of the box. Promising… :slight_smile:

18 Likes

Another naim Powerline on the way now entering full power cord loom with PL on 552, NDX2, 300DR.

8 Likes

How are getting on with it, James?

1 Like

It’s fresh in this afternoon Dave. I’d been demoing Sarum T,was ready to push the button and then an ex demo Music set became available for just slightly more than the Sarum…

It may be a very late night but luckily I’m WFH tomorrow :raised_hands:

1 Like

You might find it gets worse before it gets even better.

1 Like

I’d be interested to know if you think the PL enhanced the 300DR any. It’s my only standard ‘Lite’ left to potentially change.

Thanks

G

1 Like

If your experience is anything like mine, it starts off great and then gets better :grin:

2 Likes

Our new system has 5 Powerlines on each socket (300DR being racked Saturday).

The fact a 555PSDR comes with a Powerline, and not a lite, shows what naim think.

Powerlines all the way on top spec electronics. They’ve made a noticeable difference on every box to date, expect 300DR to follow suit (although we won’t try without).