What was the last bit of gear you bought in 2022?

Acquired mint preloved ND555 to replace my NDX2 with the 555drps.
There is something to “source first” concept. I had thought the NDX2/555drps was damn good.
Rather dramatic change in sound… transformational
David

21 Likes

The Network Acoustics MUON Ethernet Filter has arrived. Hooked up and sounding good, but manufacturer recommends a 120 hour run-in period so should improve even further.

3 Likes

Interesting! Just saw it won Best of 2022 over at The Ear. What did you have before it?

I didn’t have anything before, just an Ethernet cable between streamer and network switch. I’ve read good things about this, and there’s a 30 day return period. Initial signs are very promising.

Good job it’s not 31 days

3 Likes

Move over NDX and welcome NDS/XPS2. I need to tidy the loft now as you can’t move for Naim boxes.

7 Likes

Love that V-dub, looks great! Shame we don’t get anything so cool over here across the pond! I do have a fondness for the Mercedes chassis Winnebago Revel, unfortunately my wallet is just a bit too weak for that one! Enjoy!

1 Like

EE8 goes ”well hello there cutie pie”.

7 Likes

Flamborough ???

5 Likes

Please let us know what you think once settled in?
I have NDX XPS2 & was considering a similar move

Sure is :grin: Flamborough is one of my favourite places to visit, fantastic views along the cliff tops and not that far from where I live, lucky to be a Yorkshireman.

3 Likes

I can let you know now. Get one and you won’t regret it. Adding the XPS2 to the NDX was well worthwhile but the NDS is in a different league. Getting one for a great price makes the feeling even better.

2 Likes

Yes the NDS is fantastic !

1 Like

Due to builders refusing to do in-wall speakers at the 11th hour (they only had the specs for all the Qacoustics in walls I comitted to using for 9 months after all), the home cinema package I had on order had to be abruptly cancelked. The builders gave me exactly 3 weeks to finalise a different on-wall solution. Nevermind I spent 12 months researching and arriving at the last one.

Without time to grumble (there may have been some swearing and stamping of feet) I arrived at this with my dealer and sealed the deal an hour ago for ATMOS 7.1.4

Front and centre
Dali Opticon LCR MK2

Surround
Dali Oberon Onwall

Ceiling
Dali Phantom E50

Sub
KEF KC62

And a drum of Dali’s custom install stranded speaker cable.

17 Likes

This Farad Super3 on my EE8 replacing the ipowerx is making me speechless. I could never image such a huge leap forward in sound quality due to an external Power supply on my switch. It’s like an XPSDR on my 272. Not kidding you. They have free try and buy. Do it. I got level 1 cables but other than that the standard version.

3 Likes

A Generation 2 Muso and Muso QB. Really pleased with them, they are much improved on my existing G1 versions with improved sound quality, better party mode and hires (16 bit 44khz FLAC) radio options.

Now looking forwards to next year when the aged Superuniti will be subject to a serious upgrade.

1 Like

Interesting how experience can differ, I also tried a Farad on my EE8 but even if it improved in making the sound cleaner it lost in musicality. To me music became slow and uninteresting… I didn’t try it with the same cable as you though, not sure what cable I got but it was a short, nice looking, thin cable.

It sound like you got the standard cable then if it was thin. The cables do improve the sound quality a lot according to Farad and those that have tested. Only improvements to my ears and system :+1: Constantly amazed by the increase in realism and depth, dynamics. Same sort of experience as when adding a PS to my former 272. Layers peeled off, more depth, dynamics, inky blacks etc. There is also an up to 500h burn in on this box.

Thinking of rearranging my room. This little box should help at the moment.

3 Likes

1 Like