What was the last bit of gear you bought in 2022?

PMC’s and Neat’s both did well in area’s but neither carried the full spectrum for me. ATC & Dynaudio were so close as to be almost inseparable, but the dealer couldn’t dem the ATC’s on an LP12 at a suitable level as they had just sold their demonstrator.
The Sonus Fabers I tried sounded really thin and watery to me so they were excluded.
As a result I went with the Dynaudio’s, but I still wonder what the ATC’s would have sounded like on my system.
Perhaps one day I’ll listen to a pair of ATC SCM40A’s fed by a NAC252 and the world will start spinning backwards :crazy_face:

2 Likes

One of these on order - sucker for a Black Friday bargain😖

17 Likes

Another day, another tube! This one is a Mullard M8136 / 12au7 / cv4003 made in 1965 at the Mitcham factory.

15 Likes

Another box…

10 week lead time estimated, arrived in 4 :+1:

31 Likes

Those Magico S3s :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

Great setup !

2 Likes

For the ND555?

If so, enjoy.

G

I presume that this is a NOS tube @A-Fin ?

And why not, Alan? :smiley:

The Innuos LPSU for my ZenMini arrived yesterday.

The ZenMini is connected via USB (which sounds a tad better than the coax) into the Arcam irDAC-II, which is connected to the Audiolab 8200A.

8 Likes

I don’t know why @varyat, but I just can’t help feeling that it’s new preamps that we’ll see next year. I will probably be wrong, but it just seems the right way to go. Lots of reasons that I think this, but probably not worth boring you. Do you think that some new preamps are in the works? :thinking:

That’s right. This one actually came in the original box and paper wrapping. Sounds very good straight off but it’ll need 50hrs or so to settle down before being able t compare it to the Telefunken & Brimar NOS tubes.

1 Like

Not content with getting the Innuos, I added another cassette deck to the collection, which arrived today:

ReVox B215. It’s a late model, as evidenced by the different fascia. This is the (more common) original, which I used to have:

The new one was serviced two months ago and had power supply and system control capacitors changed. The vendor posted wow & flutter and playback frequency response test results:

I’ve yet to record on it, but the playback sounds fine. It came with two new, wrapped C90s, a BASF Chrome Super II and a TDK MA. The latter in particular hardly goes for peanuts on eBay.

18 Likes

Exactly :+1:

2 Likes

Amazing, it is quite extraordinary that these tubes are still cropping up.

1 Like

Indeed… some tubes are still quite plentiful but others, others are quite tricky to find. Especially when there are many fakes out there of the hard to find ones. I was reading up on the Mitcham factory and it is quite extraordinary how many tubes were actually made there each day!

1 Like

worthwhile upgrade?

I noticed a great uplift in sound quality when I eventually added the LPSU for the ZenMini MKIII. @Dutus and @Hifi-dog

Definitely!

Yes, a very worthwhile addition. Would recommend it to anyone considering it.

1 Like

ta -i may try and borrow one then. Im using an S booster at the moment hidden away as if f’ugly!

1 Like