What was the last bit of gear you bought in 2022?

Very eloquently put Thomas. Look forward to your listening experience when fully set up.

1 Like

Discovered the UK distributor lives 15mins from my house so thought I’d give the Silent Angel Forester F1 power supply for the EE8 switch a try. Hand delivered yesterday and just hooked-up.

Now let’s see…

G

8 Likes

Can’t see what it is.

Edited for clarity, thanks.

G

1 Like

You’ve effectively done what Chord does for the EE16 version, which has the Forester supply built in. I’ll be interested in how you find it.

1 Like

I’m keeping it! To my ear it definitely improves replay through the basic EE8 in ways I know it probably shouldn’t, and to a greater magnitude than I expected. I expected to have to listen very intently for subtle improvements here and there, but the whole (Bill Evans at the Montreux Jazz Festival) presentation has more immediacy and presence that, for me, it’s an easy decision.

I’d recommend trying it at least.

G

6 Likes

Good stuff.

Just in time for the weekend too :+1:

1 Like

More switch excess…

G

10 Likes

how much? and is it worth it…

It looks nice. Good choice. Maybe @Suedkiez will follow now. :rofl::chicken:

1 Like

Retail for the switch and, to me, a definite ‘yes’. Dealer suggested trying the £60 link cable (in orange in the pic) but I think the standard supplied one sounds more balanced.

G

1 Like

My first step is still comparing the EE with my standard TP-Link, still haven’t managed to make me do this. If the EE is better, I might consider attaching this 555PS-style PS to it :wink:

3 Likes

Witch hat Phantom jumpers arrived today. I’ve only had a very quick listen and they seem to have made a nice improvement.
These cheaper upgrades are very satisfying.

13 Likes

PS555 for the NDS. Running in right now :slight_smile:

18 Likes

NAP 250DR 2019 bought on eBay at a bargain price, just hope all is well with it when it arrives. There is no XLR cable included, has anybody got a suggestion for a good one, or should I just a get a Naim cable.

7 Likes

Witch hat Morgana :ok_hand:

8 Likes

P8 with Apheta 3 and Arai Mk3.

25 Likes

Collected from the dealer today…
Innuos Zen Mini mk3 + LPSU.
Now arrived home.

Full story over on here

Weekend of fun and music ahead.

9 Likes

Oh, they are cool. I need a pair - I can’t find them on the site - are they by request?

The Naim one ime.

G

4 Likes