What was the last bit of gear you bought in 2022?

Finally got my headphone system completed. EAR hp4 and Focal Utopia’s😀

19 Likes

Just demoed the Kudos Titan 707 as replacement for Evoke 50s.
Sounds like a completely different system. Just realising how good the 300 DR is.
Was going to buy ex demo walnut but unfortunately the wife wants oak to match the furniture, fortunately for me, she is well worth it.

5 Likes

Should sound really great.

1 Like

Gazza, I’ve been listening to them for most of the morning and the difference is amazing. My room is 7m x 5m and they really fill it. I’m also hearing detail that wasn’t there before. They also have an element of warmth which is enjoyable.
Excellent speakers.
The only downside is they weigh 50 kg!

2 Likes

Thats a pretty large room to let them breath, nice when it all works out, including your wife involved and choosing the Oak veneer……best way👍

2 Likes

They’re great speakers John. I’m not surprised they fill your large room. At your dealers’ show a few years ago they filled a space that must have been upwards of twice the volume of your listening room with ease. Enjoy them when they arrive.

1 Like

A second Muso QB for the main bedroom. Purchased online half an hour ago at pre-hiked price from the stock of the same unnamed dealer referred to above.

Only 2 left there now. Get yer skates on folks…

1 Like

Hi John, yes you really tested Andys back with those brutes. Perhaps you should have showed some compassion and gone for the 606’s like me. I was next call and had my NAP500DR installed and 2 Fraim shelves added before call 3 was a new cartridge. I have to admit that service from our great retailer is second to none and when the journey to us is taken into account we are indeed very lucky. I have the Oak finish on my 606’s and it is absolutely stunning. Enjoy your 707’s.

2 Likes

Just a new usb cable for streamer to dac

Hey @GraemeH , I have been considering upgrading to an audio dedicated switch. The Silent Angel has caught my eye. Curious as to what you think it brings to your system. I have unfortunately fallen into the network optimization rabbit hole and need to get my bearings (and realistic expectations back), Hoping you can extrapolate a little more on your experience as time has passed.

2 Likes

……and you are hoping that buying an audiophile switch is going to help you with that? :woozy_face:

I think maybe what I meant to say is that I have been looking at options that are beyond my means and need to look at realistic choices. The Silent angel seems to fall in that category. Hopefully offering quality performance at more modest pricing. Which probably in the end wont help things - but it makes me feel a little better right now :joy:

Have to agree with you the service we receive from our dealer is excellent.
707s have transformed my system
You would go and mentioned a 500 DR!:joy:

Ooops sorry John! I didnt mean to plant the seeds of more changes in your mind. I have a listening room a little smaller than yours 5.5m x 4.5m and previously had PMC Fact 12 but they were too overpowering in the bass. I settled for the 606’s as they really optimise the room size and acoustics and was the reason I went 552/500. Please let me know how you get on with your 707’s and perhaps we can meet up for a chat as I believe we live not too far apart. I am not sure if you can send private messages to members on this forum but no doubt somebody will advise accordingly. Regards David

1 Like

That looks like the same racking as mine. :grinning:

1 Like

Sure, just need to find a way of communicating.

Have got a second one now as well, originally had on vintage Densen B400+ CD player but that is rarely used so moved to the amps.

Now have one on the power and the pre (Densen b300 and b100 respectively), seems to have added a bit of everything to the entire frequency range.

The power to the cabin has a bit of a convoluted route so might not be ideal, hence the audiolab dc blockers might have more of a role to play.

1 Like

One of you has to give permission to Richard Dane to pass on your E-mail address to the other.

2 Likes

On Saturday a lovely pre owned 552DR landed at HiFiman towers :grinning:

Serviced and DR’d in 2019.

10 Likes

Seems like quite a few preloved 552’s showing up on the Forum…hmm
Good news for the new owners as it is a wonderful preamp but could a replacement be in the works?