What was the last bit of gear you bought in 2022?

I also like that it has enough ports that I can sell on my ee8 switch, the phoenix didn’t although that’s also an excellent switch

Swapped the box and missus hasn’t noticed yet….

11 Likes

Just on demo at the moment, but head and shoulders better than my ND555/555PSDR.

7 Likes

Then dcs announced Apex. Looks like a 6-7grand upgrade proposition… da**

1 Like

What utter bollox. You tighten them sufficiently to get the legs square. It’s not difficult :wink:

1 Like

I’m considering new speaker cables. It’s hard to tell what size they are @anon4489532 Is it possible to run them beneath a carpet (wife’s preference!).

We are going to play with one of these next week. REL subwoofer.

a

The dealer and I are interested to hear how it fits in with the SN2 and small Ls3 Falcons other wise it will find a home in my cinema room as the current cinema sub is not up to MadMax 3.

6 Likes

You can swap again to Vivaldi!

Don’t tempt me. Trading in the Bartok for Rossini had already bled my wallet (or me?!) dry!

Just don’t bother…

These little tabs are now 4 weeks old and they still continue to amaze me every day.

24 Likes

I bet they do…

Are you using th Anzus active cables?

Tabs or Signature Tabs ?

1 Like

Not to answer for someone else, I’m pretty sure they are the signatures. The bass driver gives it away IIRC. The standard speaker had a larger and black dust cap. The little splash of metal on the signature really lifts it, I think.

…here’s the standard model

tablette-10~2

4 Likes

No, not as yet, they are damned expensive too

I’d say they might amaze you even more if you sorted out the stands, regardless of going for open frame type at least lift them off the base with some spacers, I use thick tap washers under my Spendors and they work well. Worth experimenting I reckon.

2 Likes

Hi Ian
They are signature.

1 Like

I tried blutak which I read is recommended but I thought it strangled the sound some what. I may try some isolation pads to see if they improve performance.

I think I may have been the Proac strangler. Re Blutac - It was really meant as a byword for something to lift the base from the temporary solid plinths you had them on initially. Potentially nasty for the veneer too, so sorry about that.

I often wonder with this ‘speaker how they managed to get it so right. In all the ‘speakers I’ve had over the years there was usually some part of the replay that niggled, but not these.

I’m apparently first in the queue and a part away from getting my 300DR. That will involve a full system rebuild into a new unit.

I cannot wait to hear them in my then completed system.

Enjoy.

G

10 Likes