What was the last bit of gear you bought in 2022?

Hi Graeme, I was actually told that also by ProAc, more to secure them and stop them from accidentally being knocked off the stand. I’ll try some gel pads that often come with stands.

1 Like

Thank you - when I replaced my PMC FB1 - after research ProAc were my first choice, to find the local dealer had replaced them with Amphion.

I looked round for a similar sized speaker and came across the Harbeth P3ESR, with a NAP 200 -there was no problems driving them…

When I started to downsize the dealer flatly refused to demo a NAIT XS3 - in fact he runs the Harbeth P3ESR in his own system , so I have always had a strong interest in the ProAc and if you’ll excuse the pun, monitored the situation closely with what people say about them

2 Likes

I bet you can’t wait for your 300DR, I’m sure it will be fantastic and the Sigs will show the uplift in performance.

1 Like

Ian, the Harbeth’s having read so many glowing reviews were high on my list when I was thinking about smaller speakers, but often read they were quite difficult to drive and read the polar opposite regarding the ProAc’s. Another reason I didn’t try the Harb’s was the need for some space around them, the Tab’s can go up against a wall which for me is a huge benefit.

1 Like

The journey to move from 272 to separates continues…

Finally got my hands on a nice nDAC. It’s going back to naim for a service so I can experience it “brand new” :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Kudos Titan 707’s :grinning:

3 Likes

New to me ATC SCM40’s arrived yesterday. sounding good.

26 Likes

Norma Revo IPA 70 B.
Love it.

14 Likes

Many thanks , I keep a close eye on these things - and much as I never set out this way, it seems my system is built around the Harbeth’s need for power

1 Like

Hai risolto con la benz?

1 Like

Is that you Cano?!Max?!Melius docet… :grinning:

no, i’m damn2k… i read your post on melius… now that i saw the photos of the turntable, the tonearm e and the norma i do 2 + 2 …

1 Like

And that equals 4!I see,nice to meet you.Actually I think I’m sending the Glider to Mr.Torlai to repair it.So disappointed with this issue…

1 Like

I’ve had a quick measure. They are about 11mm wide and between 6mm and 7mm thick. I think you’d need to cut the underlay, but as the cable is very flexible it should sit nice and flat. As the fabric cover is black and grey it’s actually quite discreet and you may find it looks ok running along the carpet. Or not of course! That’s the reason I bought it; the Tellurium Q Black II is much blacker and has lots of shiny silver writing all over it.

She’s back, Linn’s back!
Just had radikal upgrade, very pleased at the moment. I think I am at my end game for the turntable. :thinking:

11 Likes

Hi @RvL

Remarkable outcome, yet understanding you very well. If you enjoy the 200 better, no reason to change it

Regarding your inter’st to new monitors, shouldn’t you conside the SF Nova I as well, or do you step aside from Sonus Faber?
Iver

I have yet to find an Ansuz product which isn’t …

1 Like

Collected a pair of Sonus Faber Olympica Nova 2 today. I wasn’t bonding with my Sopra 2s and aesthetically neither was the wife.

Very pleased with how they sound. It was a close call between the Novas and the Fact 12 signatures. I prefer the less clinical element to the Novas and the bass is big but controlled…unlike the Sopras which I think were just too big for my listening space.

The build quality is everything you would expect at the price point and they are making good friends with my naim boxes. Switching between tellurium black and also just acquired Naca5. Too early to say on that.

6 Likes

I own a pair - They are excellent - (well worth the 4 month wait for delivery)
I am sticking with my Tellurium Q Ultra black 2 cables. I tried NacA5 but to my ears they were a down grade, but looking to try a set of Witch Hat Phantoms out of curiosity

2 Likes

Out of curiosity have you compared the Black to the Ultra Black?

1 Like