What was the last bit of gear you bought in 2022?

I’ve got a vintage Densen b400 plus CD player which seemed to be susceptible to generating mains noise into the system when in the cabin, totally stopped that.

However got inquisitive and put it on the amp (I’ve got alternative CD player in cabin system anyway) and made enough of a difference I thought I’d punt a second and get both pre and power amp on them.

Have to say the more I’ve listened the more I’ve realised what a difference it has made.

I haven’t tried it in the main house system, which is Naim based, mostly because of all the bad press that power mods and naim seems to get.

1 Like

Sonos Beam 2 and a pair of Sonos 1’s for surround on the Sony Oled screen which freed up my Supernait to build an overkill desktop system in the spare room with a blue iMac and white Kef LS50 Meta’s.

A little bit of Witch Hat👍

4 Likes

Do have it in my system right now, on loan I must say. Don’t know what to make of it yet. There seems to be a bit of improvement in space and clarity. Bonn switch alone a little bit underwhelmed really.

The other apparatus on the picture is a Pura Ammonite Switch wich seems to bring improvement on blackness, space and voices.

3 Likes

So today, I splashed a modest amount of dosh on:

1. A Umik-1 calibrated microphone

2. An interesting non-Linn belt for the Sondek. It has been getting favourable comments on another forum and for 25 quid, I think it’s worth a punt. Apparently they also do belts for Thorens decks.

1 Like

just won ebay auction for scm11 to upgrade recently bought scm7…oh dear im in trouble!

5 Likes

Splitter!!!

1 Like

sorry! - i want a bit more oomph and a sub has been outlawed domestically…

1 Like

Well lets have a little bit of a spot the difference puzzle…

Clue - there are 3…

No prizes tho! Sorry

Simon

4 Likes

NAC202 + napsc and one additional shelf are in action :thinking:

1 Like

Sorry only 2 out of 3 I’m afraid! :grinning:

1 Like

You’ve drunk the bottle of Gin…?

15 Likes

Uniticore the third

1 Like

No the bottles are both still there - and only for effect as they are empty - waf - fancy lights inside - light up green!

Sorry no - UnitiCore is in both pictures!

A naim box has replaced a non naim box. What they are, no idea.
Edit, phono stage?

Yes!

So in full: a NAC 122X made way for a more recent NAC 202; a Musical Fidelity LX2 has been replaced with a Naim StageLine!; and an extra shelf which actually isn’t new - Atacama kindly took my set of long legs (200mm) and cut them in half (for a fee)!

So now it’s an all Naim Stack and it’s looking and sounding brilliant!

Only snag is I’ve still got 2,000 CD’s to rip to the Core - ah well can’t have everything!

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

4 Likes

Ripping!

Enjoy. :+1:

349 and counting!
:roll_eyes:

I’ve just bought some Solidsteel SS6 stands for under my ProAc Tablette 10 Sigs. Ever since @anon4489532 post an image of his Tabs on a pair in the system pics thread I was taken by them. Should be here later this week.

7 Likes