What was the last bit of gear you bought in 2022?

A good move with Roon :+1:

1 Like

One of these bad boys. I hope to be receiving it early next week.

10 Likes

Sensational Stephen you lucky devil

Iā€™m going to see if my naim dealer can find one for me here in Australia but they would be very rare down under and Iā€™m not sure if any piano black ones made it down under

I must admit when I had the cherry one it was fantastic with the cherry nsats and had it with the olive nac72/hicap/140 and also olive 180

So enjoyable I must say

Bev

2 Likes

Thereā€™s nothing new under the sun.

3 Likes

Installed Fraim today

17 Likes

Absolutely Bevo. As sad as this may sound - but i think itā€™s going to be one of those items that i wonā€™t be able to resist giving a warm hug to when passing by and iā€™m wearing a wooly jumper. Pulling the sleeve over my hand and gently stroking it and stuffā€¦:face_with_hand_over_mouth::grin:

1 Like

Gosh, you had one and sold it :flushed:

1 Like

Yep wrong finish - need the piano black to match nSATs

2 Likes

After 4 months delevery time, I received my last missing Power-Line. For the * cough * NAPSCā€¦ :grimacing:

Itā€™s bonkers to use a PL that cost more than the PSU itself but after experimenting with different power cords on the NAPSC, I canā€™t get around the fact that it really makes a difference. It has been reported here by others too.

The why & how completely puzzles me as the NAPSC doesnā€™t handle any signal. Maybe it has something to do with the power cords sharing the same power strip? Almost as if they effect each other or?.. I donā€™t have a clue but putting in the brand new PL was immediately audible and an improvement.

Weird science! :man_shrugging:t2:

5 Likes

Apologies for the slow reply. After getting to stream Qobuz in full resolution using Roon I am very impressed with the little NP5. I bought it mainly for the up to date functionality but the improvement in sound and musicality has been a big surprise.
There is apparently an update imminent that will mean that Roon is not necessary to take full advantage of Qobuz.
Iā€™m very happy with my lot now and any 272 replacement has gone way down my list of priorities (in hifi upgrade terms) Saved me a fortune!

1 Like

Donā€™t tell me that - just ordered a NAPSC - was hoping a PL Lite would do?

A lovely dragon

29 Likes

I will do more than fine Simon!

Itā€™s just that I had PLs on my other 3 boxes and never thought/believed that the power cord on the NASPC plays any audible role. But it does. If that justifies a full PL is both personal and system dependent. But interesting to try if possible I guess.

Lovely and boy some buttons to play withā€¦ā€¦per the @TheKevster thread if cassette came backā€¦ā€¦perhaps we could see great decks again.

1 Like

I just upgraded to Entreq Olympus Ten Tungsten groundbox + Peak 4 connector. Love what these boxes do to my system. Highly recommended to try them out if you can :ok_hand:

2 Likes

I received the Aavik S280 streamer the other day, joins the D280 DAC and the I280 Integrated amp. Complete set now ā€¦ Really rather lovely all told ā€¦

13 Likes

looks great john! hopefully my s-280 will be here in a few weeks. glad to hear you really like it.

1 Like

My comment really was slightly tongue in cheek - up until my recent swap to Naim I have been running with Nordost Vishnu and Brahma on Musical Fidelity M6 Encore, Digilog DAC, Pre-Amp 3A and M6 PRX - and my interconnects have also probably been OTT - but as you say if you can hear a difference then go for it as far as Iā€™m concerned. Iā€™m only really using Naim PowerLine Lites because I seem to remember quite a few comments re Naim units preferring Naim cables - plus the Nordost cables are very unwieldy and 2M in length!

1 Like

Ahā€¦ missed that, sorry. :roll_eyes: Iā€™m not a native english speaker so sometimes finer shades of grey get lost. Keen to get better though. :blush:

1 Like

Not strictly bought. But the 52, Supercap and 135s have just returned from a service.

The 135s hadnā€™t been serviced since 1984 so they were probably due some attention.

Sounding pretty good. Iā€™ll give it a few days before some serious listening.

12 Likes