What was the last bit of gear you bought in 2022?

Good as your 300 dr is, you should really buy a nap 500 dr. Another league completely. :joy:

8 Likes

I would avoid foam if possible. Foam easily build up static which is bad for signal cables.

1 Like

You should see what a Statement does over a 500DR. Oh my word!:wink:

6 Likes

Good as 250/300/500/ Statement is, a Supernait 2/3 is as much as anyone actually needsā€¦ :disguised_face:

Welcome to the Circle Game!

8 Likes

I have a Nova which works just fine for me!

4 Likes

Surely the nSats would still be trying to do deep bass, they donā€™t know thereā€™s a sub reproducing it? Or is it more the presence of the extra bass waves interact with the rest of the sound waves.

Are small speakers ā€˜tryingā€™ to do deep bass at all? Butā€¦ Iā€™ve never heard N Sats!

Nigel, do you also power yours with a powerline?

me too and since 252 is here Iā€™ve got itching for 300 :sweat_smile:

1 Like

When I had it I did, yes. Itā€™s all gone now, Ā£3,700ā€™s of wires and block replaced with a Ā£170 Hydra.

1 Like

thanks, I will bear in mind that.

The nSats, or any speaker, have a natural roll off, so will not try to do anything below that roll off frequency. Of course the nSats themselves do not react to the presence of the nSub. The effect of the sub is purely the ear/brain perception of a more complete and integrated presentation, assuming the sub is correctly dialled in. It may also be necessary to adjust the speaker and listening positions.

1 Like

Unless Iā€™m mistaken, I assume the N-sats will receive the full range signal and then that signal will be divided between the two drivers. I would be surprised if they had a filter on the main driver limiting its LF capability as this would be detrimental to the midrange unless high quality caps are used. The LF roll off is purely down to cabinet and driver size. It will still be attempting to play 30hz and down. It just canā€™t, due to physics. So, technically naturally roll off as @NigelB says.

Some subwoofers can be set up to act as a high pass filter which does limit the LF delivered to the speakers but this has to be done between pre and power. I donā€™t think the N-sub can be, or should be used like this though. I think high level input from the speaker terminals would be the best option here.

Are they new?

Yep brand new

Quite impressive, nicely integrated sound stage

Different to the Neat Ministraā€™s which have bit more bass being isobaric design but their soundstage not as wide probably due to their narrower cabinet size

The Petite 30ā€™s I would describe as a more traditional sound I guess, the bass is still quite deep which is a surprise , their strong point is the highs and mids which Iā€™m into

Both have their qualities, Iā€™m looking forward to the 300 hours run in under their belt

Have you got cabin fever yet where you are ?

1 Like

These arrived today following about a six week wait. They are certainly chunky.

8 Likes

Witch Hat Phantom Links - with free Apple keyboard :blush:

1 Like

It was a special time limited offer.

2 Likes

Might need to get those tooā€¦ Still waiting on my Phantoms 4w later.

1 Like

aha! your teasing me now!! :wink: :smile: