What was the last bit of gear you bought in 2022?

Just bought a NAP250DR to replace my Pass Labs XA30.8 - have posted in my other thread but these little green Naim boxes keep multiplying since my SN1 :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Just arrived, in my post today. a near-brand-new Naim ā€˜Lavenderā€™ 5 pin to 5 pin DIN interconnect.

Surprised to see it was so new - it has the latest screws in its PREH DINā€™s.

Currently on testā€¦ Worksā€¦ :astonished:

4 Likes

Grahamā€™s Hydra arrived today from the bay. Ordered a Witch Hat XLR to Din last week arriving tomorrow wasnā€™t expecting to see that for a good few weeks. Now just waiting for the 72/Hicap/250 to come back from Darren. Thankfully Iā€™m off work next week to get it all installed. Unless the wife had other plans that includes paint brushes :joy:

10 Likes

Steve57 - thanks. I think you are dead right. If I can avoid shipping an ageing CD player and 2 big boxes and 800+ CDs, that must be the right way round to do things.

Coincidentally, that also keeps more of my matching live boxes in Wimbledon.

2 Likes

Just bought a pair of these for the office - no not the Diamonds, the little isoacoustic stands underneath - must admit to going for the slightly cheaper ISO version not the Aperta - very worthwhile tho! Very impressed!

18 Likes

Lovely setup, inspiration to cleanup my work from home desk :grin:

Thatā€™s very nice of you to say sir - but you shouldā€™ve seen it first thing this morning - plus you canā€™t see all the junk behind me.

:wink:

The Diamondā€™s had always sounded good from the off with an Arcam A19 Amp & Rega DAC. Then I thought about creating a homage to an old system Iā€™d heard years back at the Bristol hi-fi show and Iā€™d always fancied something along similar lines myself. It was a pair of original Diamonds on the end of an LP12 turntable and a Naim pre/power - donā€™t ask me which pairing as it may have been an integrated with a power supply for all I remember - but it sounded great coming out of those little tiny speakers and in some ways that system set me off on my journey. So being an office system the LP12 Was substituted with a pc and the Naims were the fairly recent DAC-V1 & NAP100.
And now theyā€™ve gone another rung up the ladder with their own little stands and it all sounds brilliant - my days fly by sat in front of the computer with my music BLASTING AWAY - oops sorry playing quietly in the background!

1 Like

That arrived quickly - I only posted it yesterday! Restores your faith in Royal Mail.

1 Like

Good to hear. I just bought a similar Isoacoustic stand (LR something) but in rectangular shape. A cheap Ā£90 tryout to see if it works supporting my Supercap 2 so it can sit next to the Fraim.

Iā€™ve yet to sort main system - needs a good sorting, wiring, dressing etc. Not helped by the purchase of a 2nd hand StageLine N which turned out to be an S - no wonder it sounded naff! Ah well! Iā€™m also trying to do a diy iso shelf - in a similar vein to the fraim! 4 iso pucks, one on each corner - glass shelf (from old soundstyle rack) looks ok - canā€™t make up my mind with the sound?

Krystal and KRadikal2 upgrade bedding inā€¦

9 Likes

Very nice setup. Iā€™d never get any work done X)

These just came in, only two weeks after ordering.
A lot quicker than indicated so hats off to Witch Hat!

Iā€™m currently auditioning something else so Iā€™ll probably hook them up next week. Very curious to find out what the fuss is all about. :slightly_smiling_face:

13 Likes

I donā€™t - but its ok my boss is 110 miles away and cant see me - I Hope!

:wink:

1 Like

Entreq Powerus Apollo power strip on the way.

5 Likes

That was quick. I was surprised when my xlr to Din turned up after a week. :+1:

1 Like

Mine are 5 weeks later to be shipped out next week. They were out of boxes. Will be up against TQ Black II.

Forgive me if I say that after a quick glance at your picture, I assumed a case of decent Bordeaux.

4 Likes

and a similar price ?

It looks as though it costs Ā£6,000. If so, Iā€™m sticking with the Hydra.