What was the last bit of gear you bought in 2022?

Bought our kids long board for Christmas. I think I’ve rode them more than they have! Ex skater also. The kids seem to be more interested in scooters these days. Although my daughter was so excited to have a skateboard she taught herself to skate in a matter of hours. She loves it. She’s Only 8.

1 Like

Not very friendly. She should be happy that you’re keeping in shape. Skateboarding works on your core and your balance.

I’m lucky, my wife and I share the same taste in music (except maybe Salsa…) and sports.

She doesn’t skate, but enjoys riding a scooter on the Half Pipe.

She does rock climbing, alpinism and ice climbing. Five years ago when she was pregnant, she climbed regularly. She was still climbing 6a/6b on overhangs when she was 7 months pregnant.

Professionally, this type of profile is a plus.

She does not hesitate to put it forward on her LinkedIn

4 Likes

Yes, children tend to prefer scooters. It is less demanding in terms of learning. And, admittedly, less dangerous.

The interesting thing is that skateboarding has never gone out of fashion.

And now more and more girls are doing it. It’s so cool!
It’s great that your daughter got into it.

My daughter started scootering at the age of 3. She is now 5. She asks me to try my skateboard when we go to the skatepark but I’m afraid to let her… I prefer her to climb, it’s less dangerous.

Even the brands selling the equipment still exist.

My trucks are Independent, my board is Element, my wheels are Bones, I have parts from Santa Cruz, etc.

Most of these brands have been around for over 30 years.

2 Likes

Two 5 meter lengths of Witch Hat Phantom to replace the 3.5 lengths that I’ve just realised are going to be to short for where the wife wants the system when it gets back from service :man_facepalming:

1 Like

Hi Zen

My local dealer swears by them and yes they used to look and sound very nice - the Helicon 400 that I had in the red looked gorgeous - but they were funny to drive. I had them in a very small lounge with a low ceiling which ordinarily wouldn’t work and sure enough with most speaker cables I tried they sounded too much - I used Nordost Heimdall - fairly expensive - certainly more than the NACA5 I’ve got now - and with the big Musical Fidelity KW550 amp it just worked. Some time later moved house - didn’t work, plus my partner didn’t like them, so I changed to the Dali Fazon and Quad amps (had always wanted to try valves) - completely different - gelled well with the amps apart from not enough grunt! Their newer/latest models I find - apart from the Epicon range - all look a little drab and sound a little safe, they never offend or shout at you, but they never put a smile on your face either. For some that’s great but I’ve always loved Monitor Audio so I went back to them for my current speakers and I have a pair of gloss black Gold 200’s - not the current model the previous one with more shaping to the sides!

ATB Simon

1 Like

:grin:

17 Likes

That is a very tidy kit store, Thomas.

1 Like

When I prepare a high altitude climb in the Alps, I often have a lot of gear to take. Forgetting something would be very bad.

1 Like

The biz👍

1 Like

Certainly is Gazza. Thanks!

I never actually knew until relatively recently that Naim did a sub, they look really great do enjoy.

1 Like

Epicon 6 here. Like them a lot.

16 Likes

Yes as I said, that to me is what a Dali should look like. I’ve heard the Epicon’s many times and they rarely put a foot wrong and when they do it’s usually the fault of some other piece in the chain. Have you tried them on Townshend seismic podiums - if not then I really would give them a try, or another alternative some of ISOacoustic’s Gaia feet. They really do help!

The loveliest place. Congratulations, enjoy it as much as possible.

1 Like

This year? Nothing so far - at least nothing I remember…

Got the Topping Dac in order - just to see what the fuss is all about - and might just return it if it’s no good. It just has to beat the Schiit Asgard to stay.

Thanks. Never felt I needed to isolate them further but may try the Gaia feet to see what they bring.

Go for it, highly recommended.
Love mine, best upgrade ive done.

Just arrived :slight_smile: Started with AQ mains power cable - already noticed a difference mainly around mids:)
Can’t wait for installing Gaia’s and replacing my AQ Type 5 speaker cables with Tellurium ones :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

@Thruster04 installed it yesterday. Massive difference to the cheap multi plug I was using :+1:

Entreq Challenger Power chord with Furutech stuff on it. Grounded to my Olympus Ten. Sounds great with just 1h on it. Rhodium connectors takes time to burn in so best part is ahead I hope :blush:

2 Likes