What was the last bit of gear you bought in 2022?

Maybe not as great an uplift as that originally provided by the Lite … … … on the other hand, my good friends at Acoustica have a G3 on their eBay shop … … … :thinking:

1 Like

Yes, I’ve clocked that. :thinking:

1 Like

He is a half time shepherd :laughing:

Not really gear but gel pads that can be placed between bookshelf speakers and their stands/side unit instead of blutak or other things that you might be using. First impressions are excellent.

A cheap but great buy from the Bay.

2 Likes

A CB housed naim XPS 2 and three digital clocks for the Lumagen :grinning:

Lumagen ? What’s that ?

A video processor, my naim kit is used in the home cinema :nerd_face:

1 Like

Incoming with delivery promised for next Wednesday.

Fingers crossed that it performs well. I have a huge stack of used records waiting to show their hidden depths (hopefully)…

10 Likes

Easter sale at Witch Hat :+1:

Just ordered a pair of Morgana XLR Mono for the 300 a 4-6 week wait though!

2 Likes

“It’s going to be loud”…………The Podiums are back :+1:

12 Likes

The d-n150 to match with my sq-n150 and technics 1200gr.

11 Likes

VHS? Nice.

4 Likes

If you use the USB input, do use the Luxman BulkPet driver. It makes a huge difference over regular ASIO USB audio.

If your transport doesn’t support BulkPet, I found coax sounds far better than ASIO USB too.

In any case, you’ll love this DAC. I went from NDX/XPSdr and might prefer the D-N150. The Luxman entry level interconnects also seem a natural match.

3 Likes

Pre-loved Naim Hiline for the nDAC

5 Likes

Hooked up the Witch Hat Phantoms this morning, replacing the NACA5.

First impressions are quite good. Straight out of the box the difference is bigger than I expected to be honest. Little doubt I’m heading for the familiar ‘everything falls apart moment’ that nearly all new cables go through during burn in / settle down. Off with a promising start though! :ok_hand:t2:

15 Likes

Nice Richard, I’ve followed your search of the Vivid’s with a lot of interest. I’m also fond of the two-way speaker setup. Perhaps in the near future I will visit your dealer on the boat and will haven a listen. But I’m also hooked on the Beryllium tweeters of the Revels. Anyway, have fun and I hope your speakers will arrive soon. Stunning colors I think.

I’ve just received Chord Signature Ohmic links for my Bi-Wire speakers. I had some of a different brand but since I’ve got Chord Signature speakercables I wanted a matching pair of links. This weekend they showed up at the Dutch E-bay en now they are playing already.

4 Likes

Nice!.. and thank you!

Well, that boat is something special by itself so combined with a listen to Vivids should be well worth a visit. A listen will be at the end of a Linn Klimax system, that much is sure. :slight_smile:
But any two-way will be a big change from the Revel F226Be’s though. There’s a lot of driver surface at work there.

How long did you have to wait for them?

I’m still waiting for them. :slightly_smiling_face:

Delivery time is typically between 6 to 8 weeks. Bespoke colours can take a bit longer depending on the model and how exotic your choice is. I’m in week 5 so delivery will be in a week or two.
The wait is not that tough though. I could keep the demo pair from the distributor till mine arrive. :ok_hand:t2:

Sorry meant the phantom cables :smile: