What was the last bit of gear you bought in 2022?

Yep that would do for me too, just need some pennies and swap Nd5xs2 for ndx2…

2 Likes

Lumin U2 mini to replace my Auralic Aries - a step up for sure!

15 Likes

Great post, about to order one.

1 Like

I have U1 mini. Great product. Wonder how U2 mini performs against U1 mini

No denying that it sounds rather good as well.

5 Likes

U1 or U2? What did you have before?

I tried a ND5XS2 up against a Node3 and Qutest and preferred the latter. Have since decided to go for a one box streamer/DAC and really like the presentation of the Lumïn D2. It is staying.

4 Likes

Just installed a new phonostage, fancied a change…

Goldnote PH-10 & PSU-10…

easy to set-up, very flexible with settings, good range of inputs & outputs, and the sound is very nice…still warming up…

IMG_4536

IMG_4538

Have a good weekend

21 Likes

I see you have upgraded your Klimax DSM to Organik - pleased with it?

1 Like

Good plan Gary :+1:

1 Like

Very pleased… :smiley:
the upgrade was done about 2 weeks ago…wow, pretty substantial hardware wise…

Whilst it was being done. I listened to the new KDSM to tune my ears, brilliant…after the upgrade we ‘tested’ the DSM/2 (as a ‘streamer/pre’ with ATC SCM50 Active), pretty damn good and I’ve not heard much better TBH for the money…

Prob pretty much ‘run-in’ now…IMHO, definitely much better than ‘Katalyst’, more detail, separation, less crash/slam (tighter bass), very enjoyable.
Obviously not as good as the new KDSM however subjective estimation would be circa 65-70% of the full fat KDSM Organik (on streaming output), so excellent VFM/sound improvement…

Have a good Sunday

4 Likes

Have you heard the difference with and without PSU? I don’t have a PSU yet and I’m thinking

1 Like

No, bought them both together, so installed them as a pair, so not tried without PSU…

The reviews I read prior to purchase, and talking (via email) with Goldnote Italy ‘convinced’ me to get the PSU at the same time, and as a pair the pricing was very favourable. They sound (and look) well together.

Fab and the box still looks v cool. I do think Naim are missing a trick here on 2 fronts. Firstly they don’t have a high end one box streamer/DAC/preamp. I know the new DSM is £30k but compare that to the 5 boxes you need for the Naim equivalent and it is a (relative) bargain. Secondly, the ability to upgrade your old boxes when new DAC’s arrive. Enjoy!

5 Likes

Thanks, and I agree…

Hi Anthony, looks great. The Goldnote was on my list along with the Cyrus Phono Signature plus PSU, I found the later so didn’t compare to the Goldnote. Did you have the Cyrus before?

1 Like

Arrived earlier in the week. Replacing the 3.5m runs I already had. Only got them because now running an Olive 250 and wanted to optimise it with 5m cables as recommended by a few on here

13 Likes

Hi Steve

Thanks

Prior I had/still have a Superline awaiting a new home…

Some time back I had the original Cyrus Phonostage, and pretty damn good it was !

1 Like

Wow that will be a fantastic system for sure. In fact i know it is. Not too sure about end game though. Enjoy!:rofl:

1 Like

Can I ask when did you order them? My order has been in around 4 weeks now and still not received them.