What was the last bit of gear you bought in 2022?

About six weeks ago.

1 Like

I ordered mine just over 4 weeks ago and they arrive tomorrow so hopefully yours are soon

1 Like

Ooo, hopefully. :grin:

Just checked 9th of April ordered and arrived on the 11th of this month

1 Like

Thanks Steve (I’m actually a Steve C also) I ordered on the 15th so hopefully mine will be with me this week.

1 Like

Interesting, I just had a look at the D2. It’s pretty attractive versus the ND5XS2. Two-thirds the price and in stock and very well specified.

1 Like

Very nice! And very revealing.

What front end are you planning to use with the P1/SCM19s?

Roger

1 Like

My Phantom speaker cable “due date” (4 weeks from order) was today. So I followed up with Witch Hat and they advised that my order had been assigned to an engineer for production this week. After that quality check, and then it will be sent off. I guess I should receive the cable either late this week or early next week. Fingers crossed…

2 Likes

They arrived….wow honestly I wasn’t expecting much sound difference maybe a slight uplift, I bought them because I needed them longer and wanted naim compatible specs. They sound totally different going to run them in an get used to them. So far I love what they do to vocals but other sounds can be a bit much they’ve made my speakers sound bigger :joy:. Added to that when I went to demo potential upgrades, I mentioned the change as I wanted to know if they took cheaper speaker cables for exchange (unfortunately not so will have to look into that), they mentioned they had demo sets of kudos ks1 cables. So I have an option B to consider.

4 Likes

I really think it is worth a home audition if you can. Most dealers should let you have some time with it at home. I was lucky to get this one from a dealer (2 years old) for ÂŁ950. Certainly sweetens the deal.

1 Like

How does the sound of the Lumin D2 compare to your previous Qutest, if I may ask?

Cheers!

Hi PeakMan

Well currently I’m using my Uniti Star, using the pre-out. But I suspect I will be very tempted by a streamer pre-amp. Perhaps even a 372 maybe?

Swapped 200 for 250DR, 202 for 282 + NEAT Petite 30 and SL speaker cable

3 Likes

Symposium Energy Absorption platform. Custom made in New Jersey. My D’Agostino Amplifier seems to like it.

11 Likes

Unfair comparison as the sources are different and there are so many other contributing factors. I did enjoy both of them (analogue/organic sounding? Detailed but not analytical?) and could have lived with either. I was not looking to change but it was an offer (after listening) that I could not refuse.

1 Like

@Mike_S
Quick, very unscientific and initial thoughts on putting the Super Lumina jumpers into play, this making the ‘full loom’:
Bit more clarity, more ‘3D’ depth, bass a bit clearer.
Hmm…need more versus time with my previous Vertere XS (which were no slouch). Will leave the SL in for a week or so, then swap back.

But…very happy given the price I paid!

Difficult to do a rigourous comparison as I don’t get the chance to play records over the speakers much beyond once, maybe twice a week.

1 Like

Yes I wondered about a 272 successor. In the mean time, or if it doesn’t come along soon, it might be interesting to try an Atom HE, at least if you can find one to borrow for a few days.

Roger

2 Likes

Thanks NTD, hopefully mine will be soon.

Yes agreed Roger, that could be plan B

The last bit of a Power System Upgrade … Shunyata Alpha NR v.2 Absolutely gorgeous Custom Carbon Fiber plugs… If we weren’t having huge thunderstorms I’d get it hooked up!

13 Likes