What was the last bit of gear you bought in 2022?

Finally completed the amps swap, moving new 202/200DR here with CDX2. and HC DR.
The other 202/200 now downstairs with CD5XS and nSat. The old couple is apparently a ounce sweeter and open than the new one. The 202 is a '14 build and the 200 a '08 just serviced at Lasa two weeks ago

28 Likes

Why did you find the Soulution / Magico boring? I thought Magico are supposed to be fast, dynamic and uncoloured. Thanks.

Not sure if it was the electronics or the speakers, but I find my ProAc K6 Signatures far more engaging and involving. I’m not into that “super-perfect” sound where all the emotion is drained away in the quest for an ultra flat response. Not my cup of tea.

Great having both the room and opportunity to have 2 setups. Cheers :+1:

After selling my CDX2 and waiting hopefully for the latest product announcement, which sadly didn’t give me any new ideas, I was left pondering what to do for a replacement source

A good few weeks pondering the options and I finally decided to give the DCS Bartok a try, deal done and hopefully it will be here in the next few weeks

4 Likes

I still have the full 500 one :slightly_smiling_face:
Cheers
Roberto

1 Like

I have 3 as well, unfortunately my number 2 and 3 aren’t in the same league. I used to have 202/200/hi cap setup, found adding the 250 give me a little more bottom end.

Well, i think the 202/200 the it’s a really nice sweet spot. Either with nSat and S400 compared with Nait XS s wich i loved, really opened them out, with bigger scale clarity and control. I connected 202/HC DR/200DR to S400 only yesterday immediately noticing a nice jump in scale, quality and control on the bass. On the other hand, i’ve never particulary loved the 250. I tried one many moons ago with LP12/42.5//Kan and i prefered the 140. The last one a 250-2 with 552 into S600 prior of 500 arrival. The 250 is more muscular perhaps but 200, 500 and Nait 1 acoording to someone else opinion are all in the same league on presentation

2 Likes

I guess it’s all down to what sounds good to you. Don’t get me wrong at no stage did ever think that I didn’t have a wonderful setup. Think most here find their sweet spots in deferent places.

2 Likes

Just received a new piece of HiFi equipment although the box it came in was a little dubious and may raise a few eyebrows…

Not sure how I’m going to explain this one…

Maybe not good for vibrations either… An - Anti - Anti Vibration Device perhaps :rofl:

24 Likes

:rofl::rofl:

1 Like

The offending item from Ann Summers :rofl: The Mutec MC3+USB - NOT the Dac V1 which I’ve had for years.

@frenchrooster - you want to look into demoing one of these.

8 Likes

Love a good DDC! I actually just picked up a Singxer SU-6 based on a review

They also measured the MC3 if memory serves me correctly.

Definitely makes a nice SQ improvement for any DAC.

Audiobyte DDC also looks interesting

1 Like

Straight out of the box (Ann Summers box that is :rofl:) and only been playing an hour or so but sounding pretty good.

It was the Innuos Phoenix Net that got me interested in the benefits of a good Master Clock.

No unauthorised links to commercial sites or reviews here in the Hifi Corner please. Thanks

3 Likes

I’ve heard very good things about the Mutec from a few other colleagues in the industry when trying USB interfaces on the Naim DAC.

I didn’t know it came disguised in Ann Summers packaging though…

1 Like

Only been using it for a few hours so can’t really make too many claims (confirmation bias and all that) but definitely feel it’s making a nice improvement.

I also felt that the Innuos Phoenix Net - Ethernet Isolator and Re Clocker made a nice improvement to my digital system playback, more scale, fuller sound and improved PRAT/timing.

I would recommend you don’t buy it from Ann Summers like I did :rofl:

1 Like

Better for people to know you have a lingerie fettish rather than being an audiophile perhaps

4 Likes

Degritter Record Cleaner…

Much better that the Audiodesk it replaced.

2 Likes

@Richard.Dane - I just wanted to ask you a quick question.

Since going active with my 135’s into SBL’s a couple of weeks ago every now and then (one or two an hour or one every couple of hours) my speaker/speakers (not sure if just one or both) when the volume is off or at zero I get a single tiny little pop, sounds like static.

Everything is working fine and sounding lovely.

Is this normal (just static) or something more serious? I don’t remember hearing this when the system was passive.