What was the last bit of gear you bought in 2022?

It hard to say for sure, but active systems can be more susceptible to RFI and more revealing of things that can cause interference. It could be it’s picking up a noisy switch (thermostat?) somewhere in the house.

1 Like

I know when I turn the four light fittings (eight fluorescent tubes) above the hifi in my listening room on it really makes a lot of static crackling whereas when I was passive it hardly used to make any noise.

So your comments make sense.

Thanks

1 Like

That’s probably it then.

1 Like

We believe you… :joy::joy:

1 Like

It’s the size of the box that scares me… 17.5 inches by 13 inches - corner to corner even bigger :rofl:

The mind boggles… :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I get a lot of crackling and static through the speakers when the lights are turned on and they’re blinking as fluorescent tubes do when you switch them on but once there actually on there isn’t further crackling/static any really similar to when the lights are off.

I have them turned off if I’m listening and even when I’m not listening there off most of the time.

I should think you’re correct that it’s just the active system is more susceptible.

Fluorescent lights have a starter, which is in effect a switch that cycles on and off a few times to get the strip light working. As they age it often takes more cycles to get the light working, and replacing the starter and/or tube may help.

1 Like

It has enough flashing lights to deserve an Anne Summers branding….

2 Likes

Who’s Anne Summers?

2 Likes

A brand of adult shops

3 Likes

Just couldn’t help myself. It’s really rather good and well worth the asking price. It replaces a Lejonklou Gaio and is, by doing that, revealing what the record player can do. And that is a lot. :blush:

17 Likes

Add the psu for the full experience. :+1:

1 Like

Yes, it’s the next step but it is very good as is.

1 Like

Indeed it is ( I may be biased).

2 Likes

The PH-10 is great, even without PSU

I’m currently testing the PSU on the PH-10. It’s a nice improvement

My intention is to try the psu when I’m more used to how this setup sounds. As of now, it sounds in a way that makes me want to spin albums all day long😊

2 Likes

I have the goldnote ph-1 & added the psu-1, 6 months ago.
I admit i didn’t hear monstrous impovement.
Can you describe your experience adding the psu on the ph-1? ???
Thank you in advance Vaggelis

1 Like

I think that the instruments and voices are more beautifully delimited. This also results in a beautiful stage with good depth. Bass has more punch. Voices are more natural and rounded.

They are little differences, no worlds between the two setups.

I did the PSU last week and enjoy it. But I haven’t heard without it since. I have to do it to compare

2 Likes

I no longer use any Naim products, but love this forum for the information.Also the fact that people do not attack you for your choices, or direction you go.
Anyway, I just installed a Lumin P1 to complete my 2 box system. Temporary location on the floor, but this thing is impressive fresh out of the box. I guess it takes 500 hours to sound its best, so plenty to look forward to once I figure out all the settings etc.

27 Likes

Recently got a Lumin D2 - fantastic piece of kit. Enjoy!

1 Like