What was the last bit of gear you bought in 2022?

Very nice - No nonsense digital engineering. Just make sure it doesn’t rattle…

1 Like

It’s different! A little more transparent and detailed than the NDX2 to my ear.

1 Like

I had a Lumin A1 as my main streamer before the NDX2–also a top class streamer. The Weiss seems a bit clearer than either. I’ll be going back and forth between the NDX2 and the Weiss for a bit to see which will stay.

3 Likes

It does not rattle!

1 Like

A good place to be in, looking forward to your further thoughts. The guy I got the P1 from has the Lumin X1 in his system, he runs Kef Blades as speakers.
He said he just wanted to try the P1 to see how close it came to the X1, which is Lumins top
Dac/streamer. Very close he said, but if money was no object, choose the X1.
It is hard to find anywhere here in Canada to demo these top Dac’s at all, let alone a head to head shootout.
The interesting thing is he just picked up an Ndx2/282/250 DR to try, because he had never heard Naim.

1 Like

Did he go for the grey?

4 Likes

I have bought a small DAC/streamer for my vintage system - Arylic. Works with FLACs up to 24/192. WiFi only 2,4G. Streams Spotify and Audirvāna+. Supports Airplay. Has a remote as well. For it’s price is quite OK.

9 Likes

He did not mention the grey, so I assume no.
Nice guy, but talked a mile a minute, so I only retained a little bit of info about his system.
I think he currently runs an Aurender N20 server, with the Lumin X1, uses Esoteric gear also, but I do not remember the current pre/amp combo he uses, but I am sure it is high end.

I’ve just received delivery of this lovely hand made to order phono stage, a tiny company based in Cornwall and they’re a real pleasure to deal with[quote=“badlyread, post:1, topic:20941, full:true”]

Nytech CA352. Nytech from the 80s is alive and well. Hand built in Wales to order. I have a few weeks to wait.

Many wish Naim were making such things.
[/quote]

strong text

8 Likes

Nytech from the 80’s? Are you sure, wasn’t it defunct and relaunched in 2016?

Yes I’m sure that was what nasty was saying in a roundabout way

You are correct bruss

Me Too! It is a magical little box. Moved on from my Mscaler/TT2 and never looked back. Look forward to hearing what you think.

1 Like

What do you think? Worth it?

1 Like

Agree :wink:

1 Like

Finally managed to get my hands on a new Naim streamer, still in the process of putting some hours on it, so far seems a good step forward after the Node2i just working on a short list for a speaker replacement then hopefully we should be sorted through retirement.

27 Likes

Definitely was! I don’t believe its expectation bias but I am hearing more detail and clarity on tracks that I know. Always wanted to try running fibre to the last leg and I’ve looked into the buying a couple of FMC’s, ADOT optical fibre kit and the Sonore oR but this seemed to me a better solution as a OCXO system clock and linear PS are built in.

1 Like

How long was your wait?

Good to hear it bested the Chord gear!

1 Like

Managed to drop on a dealer that had stock, which totally amazed me as most were quoting 3 to 6 months wait or even longer, so for once I got lucky which is not usually the case,
Just trying to work out where to go with my next speaker choice,

What’s your motivation to swap out the PMC’s?