What was the last bit of gear you bought in 2022?

Lucky you - I’ve been waiting almost a year for mine!

Rega Osiris Integrated on loan/demo whilst my SN3 returns to Naim for repair. The 25kg lump sounds pretty impressive after just an hour or so, also comes with a lifetime warranty - take note Naim!

12 Likes

The PMC’s were the left/right of my av system aided by a Twenty C and powered by the Bryston and the system worked really well but having decided to go back to a purely 2 channel system and now firing across the lounge as apposed to down the length they sound too much, which is not that surprising , I always thought my lounge was a little small for the Twenty 26’s (5.5mx3.5m) but I have always been a sucker for a large floor stander.

I think the system would be better balanced and a little more intimate with something smaller, plus I think the 200DR is probably not the ideal match for the PMC’s if I 'am honest. So the journey starts, trying to find something I like and works in our lounge hopefully will be reasonably straight forward, fingers crossed but I will post to get some guidance from the forum.

Witch hat phantom jumpers arrived after Easter sale…

Ultrasonic record cleaner. Pre ordered today.

15 Likes

I’m tempted myself, I could do with one that doesn’t sound like a Harrier Jump Jet doing a vertical take off.

1 Like

:rofl: I can imgine what a difference this epic cable makes. So jelly.

I have finally the ability to use my stereo in automations with airplay 2 :).

The unbelievable color matching of the blue toslink cable of course made a huge difference in sound quality. With the grey one everything sounded very dull. The p50 actually did make a difference. It fit nicely in to the hole and prevents me to waste money on a cd player, I am going to use once. Also gives me an excuse to buy one more c13 cable, which is great. Also no switching mode psu is touching my ultra high quality audio power distributor which is great. Also all devices have their phase on the correct side. Slight annoyance is that the blue cable and psu are by themselves more expensive than the airplay 2 adapter. It totally make sense …. But that osd and sound quality …. What are you going to do?

1 Like

Good choice :+1:

1 Like

Would love to hear your thoughts on the Osiris, when you have lived with it for a while. Does it blend sonically with the Ndx2?

Does it offer a real upgrade on the SN3 bearing in mind cost difference?

Sometime in the future, i would like an upgrade on the SN3 and preferably a one box integrated, rather than multiple boxes. The Rega Osiris is certainly a contender in my thoughts.

1 Like

Snap ! Except I’ve got the headphone amp. Fantastic bit of kit, had mine a couple of years, thoroughly recommend

4 Likes

What is the blue crystally thing?

In place and sounds amazing. Biggest draw back is losing Naim system automation and volume adjustment via the Naim app.

And not being able to group with the Atom in the family room.

6 Likes

Will be interested in your comparison. I felt that the Aethos was a step down from my SN2, but I expect that the Osiris could well beat out a SN3.

That commitment doesn’t have to be too big, I also run Accession/Enigma but with a Rothwell Headamp + AT-OC9XML in front of it, and as much as I dislike some of the hyperbole thrown around here, I have to say the difference between that combo and either the a Goldring G1042 or VM740ML straight to the Accession MM is dramatic, transformational, night and day. And those are pretty decent MM cartridges to begin with. The Rothwell Headspace II/AT-OC9XML combo set me back about £900, not too bad to get one going into MC. I’m considering an upgrade to Elevator EXP/Enigma but not in a hurry, it’s sounding really good right now.

1 Like

Just a random lapis lazuli stone to make the item more heavy. Of course the color and weight offer immense improvement of the sound quality. The same applies to the rubber foot under the Airplay 2 adapter.

A new more flat transparent stone with more surface area and weight is on the way. It should offer greater sense of transparency and weight in the lower bass. This thing writes itself :joy:.

I also have multiple crystal pyramids around my system which totally change the sound character. They were blessed by a shaman so offer one of a kind sound improving energy.

4 Likes

Sorry, don’t understand what you mean.

Picked up an atom headphone edition the weekend so only a few days running at the moment but really like it. Been carrying it about the house and using it in different rooms as well, even listening in bed. Great little box.

13 Likes

If only Naim had designed it with a built-in handle…

3 Likes

How much is it with shipping and takes?

They really are lovely bits of kit, I quite fancy trying their DAC next