What was the last bit of gear you bought in 2023?

Isn’t it nice when you try different things (swop boxes around) and surprise yourself.

It’s all about the music :notes:

Couldn’t agree more.

NDX2 really happy with it and also proud of my complete Naim system.

29 Likes

Thanks for sharing and enjoy the NDX2. I see from the photo at the bottom left that you are using an Audioquest Niagara 3000. Have you had a good experience? Is it a useful upgrade? Do you have additional dedicated mains?

Good question. I am not sure about the NIAGARA 3000. I do have a dedicated mains.
Before I used the black noise power block.
The first time with the audioquest niagara 3000 there was more bass, but it sounded more dull. It sticked more on the speakers. So less hifi.
After that i tried changing between hc en lc inputs. That made a difference. But soon I will take the AQ out and try again with the black noise eight which is very nice. And if I like that sound beter it will go.
I heard a system were the niagara 3000 was also present. That was a very nice sounding system.
So again trying would be the best.

Thank you very much for the quick answer. It is exciting to hear that the Niagara 3000 does not automatically bring a clear improvement. There are different opinions on this here in the forum(e.g. click here). With dedicated mains, a solid, unfiltered power block (like the BlackNoise 8 in your case) also seems to give very good results. I switched to dedicated mains myself just a few days ago. The strong fluctuations in the sound due to the power supply have decreased as a result (but I can’t judge it conclusively in the few days I’ve been using it). Therefore, your experience is very valuable for me. I would be pleased if you would report back on your further experiences. Since the last dramatic price increase, Audioquest Niagara 3000 (or higher) is an investment that should be well considered anyway…

1 Like

A little while ago I changed my speakers from B&w805d3 to ATC SMC40 passive, and added a NAP250DR to my Supernait 3 with HiCapDR and NDX2.
Great improvement, very pleased.
Tried other floorstanders costing more but ATC 40’s wiped the floor to my ears, 250dr needed drive them better.

27 Likes

Exdemo ND5 XS 2 from Moorgate Acoustics
A price I couldn’t refuse.
Delivery Thursday, so watch the System Pics thread Thursday PM/Friday AM for an update😊

5 Likes

Congratulations!!! I removed the protective film from the display after 6 months, when you are planning to remove :grin:

1 Like

Gear for ears. Don’t forget the last part in the signal chain before your brain creates music in your brain. Not kidding :sunglasses:

9 Likes

It is pre-loved…it is sitting there sinds 2021😂.

Nait 50. Because I wanted it.

32 Likes

just arived yesterday my focal celestee i have 4 hours into them 1 hour gaming on laptop

3 hours music from female jazz,instrumental jazz,rock,electro

11 Likes

Now I’m excited :drum::upside_down_face:
Can’t head down to the Audio Cave until after Sainsbury’s have been though🫤

3 Likes

Ok what is it?

Patience, the big reveal is coming :wink: :joy:

Its a new catflap👍

2 Likes

I’ll hazard a guess then - a 282?

2 Likes

Maybe an ND5 XS2