What was the last bit of gear you bought in 2023?

Hi @JamesBKK it started as aesthetic but I soon realised it will have an impact on the audio as well. I have requested the specifications from the vendor and this is what I received from them.

BR,
Richard

1 Like

Which brand paneling is that Richard? I still need wall decoration in my garden house. Thanks

I tried those underneath my Nova and they really messed up the sound. They really do spoil the look of your lovely New Classic. But you just like them if you can put up with that look.

Hi @Ardbeg10y Akupanel is the brand.

1 Like

Furutech make good cables and plugs and although prat is not their strength, in all other HiFi aspects they beat the Naim Powerline. I use Furutech NCF UK wall sockets with DPS 4.1 cable fitted with FI-50(R) NCF IEC and 1363 UK plugs from wall to an AudioQuest Niagara power conditioner. For power amp I connect it with Neotech 3200 and Neotech Rh IEC directly to the wall. I also have FI-28 Rh and Au plugs, Alpha and S55N power cords in storage.

3 Likes

I forgot to post here but it’s appropriate

Thanks Richard, I’m looking from an aesthetic POV too and just want to make sure the sound isn’t degraded. If it has a positive effect then great!

1 Like

Burning these bad boys in now, about at the 30 hour mark.
Pretty much my forever speaker.

44 Likes

Pictures look nice, but what are they.

Sorry, they are ATCSCM 100ASLT in Rosewood veneer.

5 Likes

Thank you, I was pondering this issue myself, I have a humble CD5si and was wondering about them as an uplift .

I have Shawline interconnects and a Shawline power cable and am engaged in a slightly loopy process of trying to extract the best sound possible.

2 Likes

Thank you. I noticed that there are various brands available and they mostly look the same. Please let us know how you get on with it!

1 Like

Hi HH
After initial trial when I went back to normal various elements of the sound just disappeared - or at least seemed to. I was listening to Nick Caves Push The Sky Away and there was a bass line that was really noticeable with the Orea’s in place almost disappeared without them and the soundstage was just so “solid” with them in. And as regards spoiling the look its only when you get close that you see them and that tends to be from the side. Anyway I like em and they’re staying - but as always its nice to hear others views. Thanks

7 Likes

Just something I’ve done and really noticed the difference with. I have a carpeted, wooden floor over an open foundation with dirt at the bottom. I’ve got my speakers on Naim spike cups, on granite chopping boards currently retailing at £22.50 on Amazon. Makes a huge difference, and especially so with the new ProAcs. :blush:

7 Likes

I use Oreas on my dCS clock and dCS DAC/streamer. Thoroughly recommended, and they look great.

2 Likes

That’s interesting. It was the way the Oreas pushed certain sounds forward that ultimately put me off them. The music seemed to lose its balance and cohesiveness. Of course, tastes and systems are different, and if you like them then that’s all that matters.

2 Likes

If you have not sold on yet might be worth trying again as you said the new hearing aids were helping you a lot?

Thanks Gary but no. They made the Nova look really stupid and I suspect if hear the unnatural exaggeration of certain sounds even more.

3 Likes

Oh well just a thought……you probably have the improvement you wanted just from your new hearing aids alone.

2 Likes

Sennheiser Momentum 4’s. Buying decision based on Mr Darko’s YT review.
Immersive. Detailed. Solid bass. Confident mid. Crystal, uncoloured treble. Five-channel EQ. Wide soundstage. Great separation yet still foot-tappingly musical. 60 hours battery life, noise cancellation.

Paired with Qobuz on a phone with Bluetooth 5.2 and the “aptx Adaptive” codec.
I’m really impressed that Bluetooth tech has improved to the point that cables are now obsolete afaic.
My gob has rarely been so completely smacked.

16 Likes