Furutech Discussion

And here are the items put to use, cord breaking in on the streamer again, two weeks obviously wasn’t enough with such a low current draw, so probably do a month this time, so I won’t have to suffer again.

5 Likes

Ah so that’s what it looks like.

One week in with the with the FT SWS NCF and FI-38R feeding my power block and I’m not hearing any downsides and haven’t for a few days.

3 Likes

That looks very good. I suspect it will have a positive effect on the sound quality! I’m looking forward to your comment. Here are some pictures of my (rather simple) installation. The plug sits very firmly in the wall socket, despite the heavy weight. My problem is rather cable-dressing. After moving the system to the dedicated listening room, the FP-S32N cable is a bit too long (180 cm instead of 150 cm). It is also extremely stiff and difficult to install. For a phase-correct connection to the wall socket, it also has to be turned 180 degrees (the ICE connection on the power strip is fixed). But the sound is amazing. The Fi 50 NCF plugs certainly have a massive part to play here. But the burn-in time was very long (several weeks).

6 Likes

Looks good Wilfried :+1:

So I installed the NCF booster brace & the S55n/50 NCF R combo (again on the streamer to run in). I once again noticed an uplift in performance, background noise once again seems to have been reduced further. I have also noticed some other improvements, similar to last time I had the S022N cord on the streamer. It appears that I don’t hear the huge swings in balance when a new cord is plugged into the streamer, but either having the NCF end or the fact that I’m plugging it into the GTXD NCF outlet seems to be having a positive impact (vs always a cryo Hubbell with the previous Neotech cord). Once the S55N cord has run in, I’ll need to experiment to see what exactly is giving the uplift to the streamer.

2 Likes

What have I gone and done?

4 Likes

Uh-oh, what have I started, looks like someone likes to jump straight into the deep end! :grinning:

Should be all set at the wall now! Was actually just speaking to my dealer about the wall plate & NCF cover, said another worthwhile improvement. I’ve just got their lower SS version but it’s just some resonance dampening, no NCF so doesn’t work as well. Wall plate will help isolate the outlet, so not a bad idea

1 Like

I’m not sure what to say.

I’m going to have to sleep on this and try to describe what’s happened to my system. There was a post that I can’t seem to find where someone described the impact of adding this wall-socket. I want to cross-reference all the things he said to what I’m hearing. He spoke of inner detail harmonics, drum strikes etc. Really detail review.

I’ll wait until it’s fully broken-in but my gosh, I’m a little speechless.

1 Like

Just remember to pull the mains through the heavy plate (silver box) before wiring to the sockets. My sparky forgot and then had trouble with the 8.2mm mains cable and couldn’t be bothered to redo it. I had to refit it properly myself from scratch. .

1 Like

Luckily I watched a YouTube video about it before I tried to install it.

Well so far it sounds like you at least heard some sort of change, so no public flogging for me :laughing:

It really was a WTF moment for me, as said experimented with cryo Hubbells in the past but never experienced anything remotely close to the changes I head with the GTXD-NCF R’s. I read countless posts of people saying how much they increased performance but I never would have believed them if I didn’t hear it myself. The only issue is, one leads to two, which leads to adding more & more NCF!

Did yours come pre burnt in? If so, still give it ~ 2 weeks, as it will have ups & downs (not sure how long if it had no burn in, maybe 4 weeks).

1 Like

No public flogging! lol.

I’m seriously at a loss of words. Yes the unit I purchased was burnt-in but the dealer said wait for 2 weeks as well. I only could listen for about 1 hour last night but yeah increased everything across the board.

I’ve made a few changes recently (Power supply for EE8) but that was 3+ weeks ago so it’s pretty much broken-in. Yeah WTF is probably the best description I was feeling for 1 hour last night.

1 Like

Good to hear, the pre burn in really helps reduce how bad the swings are in performance. If in the next 2 weeks you hear any harshness/thinness or lack of bass, don’t be concerned, it will come back. I said it above, but my experience summed up would be $300 for “just an outlet”, seems ridiculous, but based on the impact on sound it had for me, is was probably one of the best $300 I’ve spent in audio cost vs performance.

1 Like

I normally close my eyes while listening to music and picture the soundstage. Last night I didn’t have to. It was like the speakers completely vanished. I’m trying to avoid hyperbole but it’s hard not to.

1 Like

I’ll report back tomorrow but I keep thinking to myself, how is this possible?

This one is quite good IMO, although not very well-known in this forum:

1 Like

Very interesting. As far as I can see, this series is not yet available in a Schuko version. So far I only use the FT SWS R (no NCF). I am curious about your further experiences.

Thanks Wilfried. Odd as I would have thought they manufactured all different versions.

Well my experience so far mirrors what everyone else has said but I’m only 2 days into it. It’s really unexpected how much more detail I’m hearing. Every system, room, speakers etc is different, but adding this outlet has benefited every aspect of my system. Expensive for an outlet, yes but damn well worth it.

Ok little bit of hyperbole, it’s like a black box upgrade a veil has been… I’ll stop before I really get started lol.

1 Like

Wouldn’t that be the FT-SWS NCF(R) (or FT-SWS-D NCF(R))?

My socket is called Furutech FT SWS (R). As far as I can see, it is no longer offered on the Furutech website. The NCF version was not available in Switzerland for some time due to Corona supply shortages.
IMG_2415